Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, for a month or so after purchasing the hp deskjet 3054 it worked flawlessly. Then one day it just stopped. It seems to be fine except it won't print wirelessly. I printed a Printer Status Report and the network status is offline. My network works for my laptop and everything but for some reason not this printer. Help, please and thank you.

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

What router?  What operating system?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an Apple Airport and a MacBook Pro and I cannot connect the printer to my wireless network.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

What error messages are you getting?  How are you trying to connect it?  What version of OS X?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have Lion on my macbook pro.  It says there are two ways to connect wirelessly (push button or pin).  Is there a preferred way?  It says I can enter a pin into my network settings but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for all that.

First, on the front of the printer, get into the wireless menu and "Restore WIreless Defaults".

Next, download and install this: support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Finally, download and install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-96583-5&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...  When you start the software, make sure there is NOT a USB cable plugged into the printer.  Choose "Wireless" as the installation type when it asks.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my HP Deskjet. 

I was hoping to use this post in order to solve my issue; however, the second software download link is no longer functional.  Would someone mind updating it??

Thanks!

HP Recommended

What operating sytstem?

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have Lion on my Macbook Pro... same situation as the previous poster. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.  There are two ways to connect this pritner:

1. With software and the temporary use of a USB cable using this software: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-96583-8&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

2. WIth WPS if your router supports it.  On the printer start WPS (in the WIreless menu) choosing the pushbutton method.  Within 2 minutes press the WPS button on the router.  Give them 2 minutes or so to communicate with each other. Finally, add the printer in System Preferences > Print & Scan using the '+' sign.

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.