Question

Tutor
grumpy9019
Message 1 of 10 (2,927 Views)

HP Deskjet 460 support and full featured driver

I submitted a request to HP Support wanting to know when we could expect a full featured driver for the HP 460. The answer is we will not get one. That is right, HP is not now planning to have a full featured driver; which makes me believe that whatever problems you and I are having now we will have until we replace our printers.

Time for me to try a different brand.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (2,910 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 460 support and full featured driver

What exactly is the issue you are having?  What is your operating system?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
mprice62
Message 3 of 10 (2,792 Views)

my guess he is referring to Windows 7.  I have the same issue.  Lots of $$$ spent for a printer that HP does not provide updates for.  Where is the incentive for customer loyalty?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (2,786 Views)

What problem are you having with your Deskjet 460 in Windows 7?  The are drivers available through Windows Update.

dj 460.png

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
mprice62
Message 5 of 10 (2,782 Views)

You cannot align the print cartridges for one.  The Tool Box feature needs updated for Windows 7.  It is a pretty essential part of the print utility side of the package.

Student
Powerhead4
Message 6 of 10 (2,676 Views)

I called HP regarding a replacement CD for my HP 460 for Windows 7. I discovered that there is no full featured driver download for this printer and a windows 7 CD does not exist. A basic driver for USB is built into Windows 7 but is useless for wireless connection. I recently purchased the wireless card directly from HP for this same printer, only to find that without the original CD (Mine is damaged and will not play.) that there seems to be no way to get the printer to function with this new wireless card. All request for support are responded to with the demand that I pay more money to HP for support or buy the newer model. All because they refuse to provide a full-featured driver download for my printer for Windows 7. How ridiculous! NO loyalty to existing customers. I recently purchased another HP wireless printer and while happy with my purchase, if I had known beforehand that they would not support my existing wireless printer with a simple driver download, then I would have bought a wireless printer from a different manufacturer. Customer loyalty should be utmost to any manufacturer. Oh well, I've purchased my last HP Printer. I currently own 4, but when their life span ends, so will my desire to purchase any further HP products.

Student
raygrace
Message 7 of 10 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]

i have an HP deskjet 460 printer. the win7 laptop cannot detect the printer. when I find it . then install the spftware I get a print error. This is very frustrating. I use the printer and laptopo when I travel. they both have batteries and I can share the power supply. 5 lbs of stuff not to carry. 

Please let me know if you are unable to provide a driver that works in Windows 7 32 bit  for the HP460  - I willl return the laptop and buy someting with a printer that works.                    

VERY VERY VBERY VERY     FRUSTRATING

ray {Personal Information Removed}

Student
DJJDJ
Message 8 of 10 (553 Views)

Its ok, that there is a printer driver from HP and Microsoft. When installing successfully driver, printer is with an excamation mark saying that troubleshoot required, becaue drivers are installed incorrectly. Thats the issue.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 10 (548 Views)

DJJDJ wrote:

Its ok, that there is a printer driver from HP and Microsoft. When installing successfully driver, printer is with an excamation mark saying that troubleshoot required, becaue drivers are installed incorrectly. Thats the issue.

How is your printer connected?  

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Student
hp_rick
Message 10 of 10 (304 Views)

Bingo.... I have to align the print heads, OK, Mr. HP How do I align them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation