Honor Student
Alan473
Message 1 of 6 (1,798 Views)

HP Envy 110 setup stalls at "Checking network environment..."

Hi,

Hoping someone out there can help.

Product Name and Number:  HP Envy 110 Wireless printer

Operating System installed:  Windows 7 64-bit

Error Messages:  None. I have tried installing the software from the disk and from the software downloaded from the HP website with the same results - After I choose to install the printer via the network, a screen comes up saying "Checking network environment...".  Thre progress bar completes almost immediately, then the software freezes to the point where I need to kill the process to close the screen.

Capture.JPG

Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred:  This is the second printer I have installed on this computer.  I searched for  other people who had the "Checking network environment..."  problem and saw that the solution was to delete the Printer Registry Keys, but I have checked and don't see anything from the previous printer (a Lexmark).

The only fireewall software on the comouter is the Windows Firewall that came with the PC and I'm unable to change it at all, I get an error code when I try to do anything with it.

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 6 (1,778 Views)

Re: HP Envy 110 setup stalls at "Checking network environment..."

Hi there alan473,

Try downloading and running the HP Printer Install Wizard located here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Alan473
Message 3 of 6 (1,771 Views)

Hi John,

This one seems to hang at "Searching for Products..."

Capture.JPG

~Alan

Student
jackdino
Message 4 of 6 (1,740 Views)

Just bought the printer yesterday and I am having the same two problems running windows xp 32 bit.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 6 (1,729 Views)

Hi there jack and alan,

Depending on your settings windows firewall may be blocking us from discovering the printer via the network. Lets try disabling the firewall for the duration of the install.

Alan you can do this by clicking the start orb and selecting control panel. From there click security then window firewall. Click turn windows firewall on or off and may recieve a confirmation. Click off then ok and reattempt the installation.

Jack click the start button and select run. Type Firewall.cpl in the box that appears then click ok. On the general tab of this window click off. Click ok and attempt the install again.

You can follow the same steps to get back to the firewall settings and turn back on. After the install is complete and we can see the printer I recommend turning back on, no sense staying unprotected on the net for too long.

Best of Luck - Let me know the results.

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
mlavaa
Message 6 of 6 (1,617 Views)

We are having the same problem. Followed all of the steps listed. Error message" Scan Doctor 2.0 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working corrrectly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." What to do now? No solution is found by windows.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation