11-18-2013 06:56 AM - edited 11-18-2013 08:40 AM
I have a shiny new printer and a fairly new Macbook Pro and simply cannot get my printer to 'talk' to my Mac.
- The printer is connected to our home internet and the Internet report you can print off says everything is fine.
- We have done the Apple > Software update etc to make sure the latest drivers etc are installed. (For info, we are on OS X 10.8.5). However, when we then try to print something, it comes up as no printer installed and there is no 'nearby printer' showing, which I believe should be showing there. (We have tried adding manually, too, using various settings and can't do it that way, either.)
- When this didn't work, we downloaded the relevant driver from the HP site (to see if this would help, but it didn't).
After downloading the driver, we go through the installation process and what happens is that it doesn't have our printer listed and asks that we connect our printer. When we connect it, it recognises it and we then proceed. It then says your printer is now connected and you may remove your device. When we remove it, it then does not have any device listed and we cannot progress any further. Stuck in an infinite loop...
- Also, firewall and security settings are fine.
- I've also restored default settings on printer etc and started over a number of times.
Any help would really be appreciated.