04-14-2011 03:09 AM - edited 04-14-2011 03:15 AM
this is my 1st message on his forum. I really don't know how things works here but one thing i know that i need help.
In my work environment i have hp lj 5100 that we access via network, because previous maintenance have locked that printer with passwords we put it aside for a while, but now i got assignment to make it work.
Ok what i know, and what i did.
I found on HP pages how to "cold restart" it, i did that in hope that i can get access to it. Cold restart was like. Turn of printer, press and hold go button, turn on printer, wait till cold restart display on screen.....etc well it worked.
i printed out config from him before and after cold restart and its different. Cold restart is done.
I found on HP download page drivers for him, 44 mb size, and install them on winxp sp3, printer is found on network and installed successfully.
Well after successful cold restart and printer installing and recognition over network i cannot print on him.
For now, i ask, does anyone know what are defaults user names and passwords, that hp lj 5100 have after cold restart, on his WEB INTERFACE, and over telnet.
please don't tell me that there is no password, cause it ask me for it. Yes i did good cold restart cause ip name of printer, and allot things changed. Yes i can access via web interface, and get some info, but parts of web interface require password that i cannot find in any documentation and i really try. Please help.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network