Question

Honor Student
johnh11
Message 1 of 14 (64,472 Views)

HP LaserJet 2420 windows 7 install

Hi,

I have been attempting to setup a HP LaserJet 2420 that is connected to a Windows Server 2003 domain controller on a couple new Windows 7 64bit machines.

This printer connects to XP and Vista machines without issue, but it will not install a Windows 7 driver. When I find the printer in the directory (add a network printer) I cannot install a driver through windows updates, as well I download all the available drivers from the HP website (when I navigate to the download folder it says no compatible driver found). I have tried the 32/64bit drivers.

I opened a service ticket with hp, 4683371, on friday but received no reply. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Student
greginva
Message 2 of 14 (64,238 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 2420 windows 7 install

Did anyone ever find a fix for this?  I am having the exact same problem.

Student
nambi3
Message 3 of 14 (64,174 Views)

Have you solved this?  I was able to get it installed with ease on a win7 32 bit machine but the 64 bit no go. 

THis printer isn't even that old I have 7 Hp printers at my office all within 5 years old and NOT 1 supports win7 64 bit, this is rediculous! I can't belive this I will either have to buy new printers or downgrade to 32 bit.  I am very dissapointed HP should make good on these printers and update thier drivers.

Student
jaightaylor
Message 4 of 14 (63,988 Views)

Try downloading the Vista X64 driver (NOT the universal driver pack). That seemed to work for me.

Student
jennyzonnevled
Message 5 of 14 (63,499 Views)

You need to download the PLC6 driver (HP Universal Print Driver PCL6 v5.1.1.8283)

install on the Windows 7 machine first, and then link up to it from your XP machine as a network printer. 

It won't work the other way round, as I found out in a chat support conversation lasting more than half an hour with a lady from HP support. She was very helpful.

Honor Student
Yorch1818
Message 6 of 14 (62,981 Views)

Re: HP Laser 2420 windows 7 install

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

I have been attempting to setup a HP LaserJet 2420 that is connected to a Windows Server 2003 domain controller on a couple new Windows 7 64bit machines.

This printer connects to XP and Vista machines without issue, but it will not install a Windows 7 driver. When I find the printer in the directory (add a network printer) I cannot install a driver through windows updates, as well I download all the available drivers from the HP website (when I navigate to the download folder it says no compatible driver found). I have tried the 32/64bit drivers.

I opened a service ticket with hp, 4683371, on friday but received no reply. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

Honor Student
Yorch1818
Message 7 of 14 (62,980 Views)

Honor Student
Yorch1818
Message 8 of 14 (62,979 Views)

Re: HP Laser 2420 windows 7 install

ff

Yorch1818 wrote:

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

Student
questionAnswer
Message 9 of 14 (62,137 Views)

Steps are:

-programs

-choose devices and printers

-add local printer

-(LPT1:smileytongue:rinter port)

-next

-HP -> choose HP Laserjet  p2015 PCL6 ->Next

Student
yoforeveryoung
Message 10 of 14 (56,179 Views)

Hello, I just install de printer in my windows 7 pc. Now, what I have to do to link my pc with the printer? Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation