01-31-2013 11:51 AM
I have a networked HP LaserJet 400 M401n and when not in use for x amount of time will refuse to wake up. The event log shows a code "49.0699". What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with the problem of not waking up?
02-01-2013 01:46 PM
If the unit is not coming out of the power reserve state, then one can try turning this feature off.
Under the setup menu of the printer, accessed by pressing the Wrench, select the System Setup Menu.
* Select Energy settings
* Set Sleep Delay OFF
* Set Auto Power Down delay to Never
* Make sure all Wake Events are selected
Let me know if this keeps the unit from having this issue.
I am not an HP employee.
01-02-2014 09:51 AM
You might also try disabling the "Smart Install" feature on the M401n printer.
There is a problem with this feature that has been known to cause problems with USB-connected printers going offline. Sometimes, a power cycle on the printer will get it to come back online, but this doesn't always work (and is inconvenient).
The "Smart Install" feature can be disabled from the printer's LCD panel. The path is "Settings > Service > HP Smart Install > On/Off". Toggle the feature to "Off".
Hope this helps.
01-15-2014 01:27 PM
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/
I hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series