HP LaserJet 400 M401n (451 Views)
Student
imgain
Message 1 of 5 (451 Views)

HP LaserJet 400 M401n

Hi all!

I have a networked HP LaserJet 400 M401n and when not in use for x amount of time will refuse to wake up. The event log shows a code "49.0699". What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with the problem of not waking up?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 5 (439 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 400 M401n

If the unit is not coming out of the power reserve state, then one can try turning this feature off.

Under the setup menu of the printer, accessed by pressing the Wrench, select the System Setup Menu.

* Select Energy settings

* Set Sleep Delay OFF

* Set Auto Power Down delay to Never

* Make sure all Wake Events are selected

Let me know if this keeps the unit from having this issue.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
jamesmount
Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

Hello ! This is a technical problem , According to me please contact technical adviser.

Honor Student
JimHaeseker
Message 4 of 5 (123 Views)

You might also try disabling the "Smart Install" feature on the M401n printer.

There is a problem with this feature that has been known to cause problems with USB-connected printers going offline. Sometimes, a power cycle on the printer will get it to come back online, but this doesn't always work (and is inconvenient).

The "Smart Install" feature can be disabled from the printer's LCD panel. The path is "Settings > Service > HP Smart Install > On/Off". Toggle the feature to "Off".

Hope this helps.

HP
Gemini02
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation