Question

Honor Student
tenodera
Message 1 of 5 (10,095 Views)

HP LaserJet P1102w will not set up wirelessly

I have been using the P1102s through USB, but would like to use it wirelessly. I have installed all the drivers on my system (I am running Windows 7 64 bit), but when I go through the wireless installation process, it says the computer cannot find a valid IP address for the printer. The blue wireless light also flashes and is never solid (indicating the computer cannot find a network, according to the manual). I just installed an HP Deskjet 3050 and it works over the wireless just fine. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I am stumped.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (10,058 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet P1102w will not set up wirelessly

[ Edited ]

Your issue is not very clearly stated. Is the problem with your PC, the printer or both?

I suggest that you go to this HP document on installing the printer. There are a few different installation methods.  Choose the installation method that you want to use and methodically follow it. If it does not work, go back to the first step and try it again. Setting up wireless products of any brand is a tricky procedure that takes practice.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
tenodera
Message 3 of 5 (10,043 Views)

I have repeatedly followed the steps for installing the printer and get the same error message consistently. The problem is likely with the printer, as I mentioned previously: the step where the printer tries to communicate with the network is where the install always fails, the printer's wireless light always blinks instead of staying solid, meaning that it can't detect the network, and I just installed a different HP printer wirelessly with no trouble.

I'm not sure where I was unclear. It would be helpful if you stated what extra information you needed if that would aid you in providing more specific advice.

Thanks!

Student
jmurt
Message 4 of 5 (7,460 Views)

I have the same problem the gentleman did and i see no answer.  I tried by connecting through the USB port and when it is seeking the printer it never finds it and the software stops and tells me it had a problem and to try again - over and over.   

I tried to do it without the USB but the blue light never stays on long enough to get an IP address.  I have a Epson wireless ink jet printer sitting next to it and it works fine.  I have it turned off now.  

I have tried the printer in different locations and the blue light never stays on.

Student
adfadfaadf
Message 5 of 5 (4,891 Views)

This pathetic loser company and its pathetic products are a total, ridiculous joke. After viewing several of these threads, it only serves to compound the total incompetence and stupidity that infests the organization from top to bottom.

P1102w printer. Works at one building, not another. Endless circular loop to attempt to set up wireless printing in 2nd building, error message every time. Can't connect via instructions to connect via IP address. No software accessible to change settings. No menu on printer. Moved the printer back to building one, even after "resetting" factory config, instantly connects, therefore, it isn't the wireless signal that is bad. I have a brick that cannot be moved to another location once set up initially...

Just spent 1.5 hours yesterday attempting to connect a dell printer (we have 4 identical models) to a crapware filled HP brick turd computer, yet another waste of my time thanks to HP.

This company is a total joke. Avoid their products and overpriced ink/toner like the plague. My nomination for the "which companies won't be here in 5 years" list. Hewlett and Packard are spinning in their graves. What a shameful disgrace.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation