11-19-2013 09:01 AM
Printer works fine with desktop and wireless. Can't get it too "UPdate" or connect with webservices.
How do I connect too my Ipad as well...???
11-20-2013 11:23 AM
Hi Dakine50. There are a few possible reasons the printer will not connect to Web Services (which will allow for updates). The first thing I recommend would be to turn the printer off. Unplug your router and count to 10. When the router comes back online, turn your printer on. When your printer is back online, try to update again.
If that fails you can set a Manual DNS in your printers Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Print a network summary page to obtain your printers IP address.
1. On the printer's control panel, touch the Setup icon. The Setup menu opens.
2. Touch Reports .
3. Touch Network Summary . A network summary page prints. Locate the printer IP address.
4. Open a new Web browser window (such as Internet Explorer).
5. Type the IP address from the network summary page in the Web browser address window.
6. Press Enter to open the EWS.
7. Click the Network tab. Here you need to find the section that allows you to set a Manual DNS (cannot recall which sub section it is under).
8. Set the: Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11 . This will route through Google's DNS and will usually resolve the issue.
9. After you apply these settings, if your EWS has a Web Services tab, try to enable them through there.
*Sometimes a network reboot as I instructed above is necessary for those changes to take effect.
Let me know how it goes.
More steps to try.
A Network Connected Printer Cannot Access Print Apps, Web Services, or ePrint:
Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates:
Printing from an Apple Mobile Device