Question

Honor Student
od00bo
Message 1 of 5 (13,096 Views)

HP Laserjet 1536dnf mfp

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

We just bought 1 for our office and we are aware it's doesn't comes with wifi but it supported Airprint.

Crrently it's connected to our LAN as a shared network printer (non-wifi environment) running on static ip.

We are running on XP, Vista and Win7 operating system for our users.

Most of users in our dept are iphone and ipad user so we hope to use the airprint feature.

I believed for airprint to work, the printer must connected to a wifi environment right?

If so, is there any work around method or using some application for the airprint to work in non wifi enivornment for our above setup?

Thanks

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (13,074 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1536dnf mfp

Hi,

In order to use AirPrint, a network connection is required.

Wifi or Ethernet should work, as long of both the printer and the iDevices connected to the same network.

However, in order to enable AirPrint the latest firmware is required.

Download and run the Firmware Update below from any of the Windows PC's:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34708/Im-86043-5/M1530_Series_FW_Update-20110405.exe

Select the listed device and perform the update.

Make sure not to use the device during the update process to prevent any hardware damage, therefore i would recommend to run it from a PC physically located nearby or make sure to keep an eye on the device during the process,

please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
od00bo
Message 3 of 5 (13,071 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Shl,

We have already upgrade the latest firmware for the printer but the problem is that both the printer and idevices are not sitting in the same network or they can't be...

Printer is shared out as network printer from our print server in our LAN with static IP like 192.x.x.x (non wifi enviornment) and our idevices can't join to our office network (domain) and we do no have wifi setup in our office.

Since you work with HP, do you have work around solution for our above setup?

Thanks.

Teacher
headsortails
Message 4 of 5 (13,063 Views)

If the iOS devices and the printers are on seperate networks then the iOS devices will not find the printers via local Bonjour lookups. One solution is to add a wifi acces point to your wired network. The other solution is to use wide-area Bonjour. Setting up wide-area Bonjour requires that you have a local dns server, a network administrator that understands how to configure it with the dsn entries with the required TXT records, and can enter extra search domains in the Settings part of the iOS devices.

Student
mikejay68
Message 5 of 5 (8,759 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1536dnf mfp - need to go wireless

What do I need to do to make this printer wireless and share it through my Hub that was provided by the cable company?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation