HP Laserjet P1102W Wireless Connection Trouble (25114 Views)
Tutor
klzak
Message 1 of 114 (25,114 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Laserjet P1102W Wireless Connection Trouble

I have a P1102W which was working fine wirelessly until it wasn't.  I am using an AT&T Uverse 2Wire router and Windows Vista.  I haven't changed anything and one day the network would not recognize the wireless printer.  I have powered down (unplugged) everything and powered back up with no success. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the printer, and just get a message that the network was unable to connect to the printer.  The printer will work when connected with a cable, but the blue wireless indicator light just blinks and then goes off - indicating that there is no wireless signal.  All other wireless devices and printers on this network work just fine.  HP support was no help, due to the warranty having been expired 2 DAYS ago!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 114 (25,054 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet P1102W Wireless Connection Trouble

Hi ktzak, 

Update the firmware to the latest version, and then try and reconnect the printer to your network. Let me know what you find out?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-95176-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
klzak
Message 3 of 114 (25,038 Views)

I was so encouraged to have a possible answer!  But I installed the firmware and tried to reinstall the printer with no success - same problem as before.  Any more suggestions?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 114 (25,022 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ktzak, 

Lets check the hardware of the printer to see if this is what is causing the issue. To do this I will need you to install the printer wirelessly on a different computer. Let me know if you have the same issue?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
klzak
Message 5 of 114 (25,010 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  I can't install the printer wirelessly - that's exactly the problem I am trying to resolve.  I have tried to install it wirelessly on 3 different computers (and an iphone) with no success.  It seems that the printer is not sending out a wireless signal? I was able to install it with the USB cable and it works that way,  but will not connect wirelessly.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 114 (24,995 Views)

Hi klzak, 

It appears that the wireless radio has quit working on this printer. Do you have an extended warranty on this printer?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
klzak
Message 7 of 114 (24,994 Views)

Nope.  What would it take to repair?  Is an extended warranty worth it or should I just replace the printer?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 114 (24,992 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi klzak, 

Check out the links below for additional options. 

If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.
I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
tudorguy
Message 9 of 114 (24,947 Views)

Alas, the wireless radio appears to have stopped working on my P1102W printer too-- after eighteen months of (very) light use.  Oh, well.  I guess I can print using the USB cable.  Or convert it into an expensive , ugly doorstop.  But I will NEVER buy anythig from Canon again.

Student
shannon1434
Message 10 of 114 (24,204 Views)

Completely ridiculous!!!! This should not be happening to these printers already. My printer will not connect to my computer. I did not buy this printer so I could have it plugged into my computer. Im so very angry with HP right now. I figured I would get an HP because of the name and here I am a year later left with a peice of junk!!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation