Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi nefing-co-uk,

Are you currently having issues with your wireless connectivity?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi there.

I don't get any error messages as it cannot get past the first stage. I click next, after I select the printer which says "Network" underneath the "Connect" heading. I click next, it thinks for ages and then it asks me if I want to search for devices. I select Network-Wireless and then it tells me the network my computer is connected to and says I have to run the "wirelss setup" procedure and to look in my user manual for my printer.

I know all this already, this is the problem. I can set it back up again using the disc and reinstalling it again but why should I have to do that every month or so?

HP Recommended

Hi nefing-co-uk,

There are a lot of scenarios which can cause the printer to lose connectivity with the router. Next time you have this happen try running the Print and Scan doctor to help isolate the cause.

How far is the printer from the router?

Do you have any walls or metal objects between the router and printer?

Note: Walls or Metal objects can limit the signal strength to the printer.

Do you have any connections issues with your internet on the computer when this happens?

How old of router are you using?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The printer is less than 1 meter away from the printer and the PC.

The router is approx 1 month old.

I had the same issue at my old house with a different router. It's the printer, nothing else, as my Dad has the same printer and has the exact same problem. He lives elsewhere by the way.

I have no issues with connection on any other of the 6 or 7 devices I use apart from this god foresaken printer.

I appreciate you trying to help but I think it's just a "characteristic" of the printer but HP will never admit that. They should all be recalled and customers be given a refund or a model that actually works.

This item is not fit for purpose and I will be taking it further. Could you let me know which department I need to contact regarding a complaint about the product?

HP Recommended

Hi nefing-co-uk,

Update the firmware on this printer, and let me know if you continue to have this issue?

HP LaserJet Firmware Update Utility

20201012 5.4 MB Nov 3, 2020 Download
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

hello,

i have set up my printer wirelessly before, but i recently changed routers, and now it will not connnect. The Nework information says:

Status = Not Connected

Host Name = NPIC3BFA2

Then it has the whole list of self test/device configurations

on the 802.11b/g Wirelss:

it says 

Status = Enabled

Communication Mode - Infrastructure

Network Name (SSID) = FourL

Authentication = WEP

the network Name is still FourL, but on the new modem/router we changed the Authentication from WEP to WPA. When i try HTML Configuring on my Mac, it says there are errors in the code. Any help? 

HP Recommended

Hi 3rianlau,

When you changed routers you will also need to setup the printer using this new router as it will not assign the same IP address to the printer as the old router had set. Follow the steps in the document to setup the printer on your wireless network.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02847467

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello pcwizard,

I looked and it says "connect the Printer to the wireless network"

i cannot connect it to the network because i think its still thinks that it is connected to the old network with the same name, but that the password type got changed from a WEP to a WPA

HP Recommended
Also, my HTMLconfig does not work. It says that there is a problem and there are errors on like 6 and line 12....... how do i fix that
HP Recommended

Hi 3rianlau,

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjet P1102w from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02847467

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.