Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

pcwizard, two access points with the same SSID and same security settings connected to the same LAN - it is standard solution to make a roaming network. All my devices work fine with this configuration, except the printer. Martin had the same problem. I hope that you fix this problem in future firmware.

HP Recommended

I am going to agree with the above.  Have the same SSID, different channels is the recommended setup for seamless roaming of computers.  Printers may have another issue as they connect and usually stay connect to one AP.  

HP Recommended

I have P1102W wi-fi pritnter.

I had Verizon service and the printer was working fine.

Recently, I changed to Comcast and is not working.

I need to configure for the new router.

When I try uninstall the printer software, I get " pending jobs in the queue".

I don't find any job pending in the queue.

How to proceed to configure to the new router?

Tom

HP Recommended

I've had the exact same issue you had -- printer keeps losing IP address after it goes into power-save mode. Was your issue ever resolved? 

HP Recommended

nwharton , I called HP Service Center several times (when it was under warantee), later tried to use this forum, but the issue is never resolved. In fact after upgrading to latest firmware, the situation has gone worst. Earlier, I was able to connect and load IP address everytime the power is lost. Now many times I am unable to do. It looses IP address but keeps some configuration so it does not take configuration. I have to delete the configuration few times before it works.

It was a very hopless and frustrating experience.

HP Recommended

Yes, this is all extremely frustrating -- it seems to lose the connection after the auto-off, about 4 hours. I just tried setting a manual IP, that didn't help.

HP Recommended

You should disable Auto off. It's default valve is 4 hours, change it to 'Never'. It is not a solution but reduce the pain.

HP Recommended

i'm using my iphone as a hotspot but i cant manage to connect my p1102w into this network, althought i have connected to it my ipad and notebook... used to have an photosmart d110a who worked just fine with this configuration, what should i do????

i'm working in a community without internet nor other wireless comunications but my iphone as hotspot! 

pls halp!!!

HP Recommended

This printer is not good for wireless printing. HP does not have solution to the issue of wireless configuration corruption so far. Therefore, do not expect to have smooth wireless connection with iPad. The best option in your case would be to use its USB connection with notebook.

HP Recommended

This solution fixes the problem of not being able to correctly install the HP laserjet p1102w wirelessly on a Win7 64 bit home premium PC.

Background:

You install this printer wirelessly (using the USB cable as directed) and the printer installs and works perfectly until you either restart the printer or the PC.  You get various errors mostly relating to either "the printer being able to successfully connect to the wireless network, however the computer is unable to connect to the printer", or the HP print and scan doctor won't detect the printer, or you get multiple installations of the printer in the control panel, or you get the printer installing with an unusual IP address outside of your network range, or you get the printer installing with an IP address ending in 192.168.1.XX_1.

USB printing works fine, but wireless printing will not work.

I've only worked this solution out by spending countless hours and time with multiple p1102w printers on multiple wireless networks.  The issue seems to be with Win7 64 bit, and the only solution I've found is to install this printer on a Win XP PC and manually set the IP address of the printer to a number within your network's range -then install the printer on the win7 64bit PC.

How to fix:

Fully uninstall the printer from the win7 64 bit PC and disconnect if connected by USB.

Turn off the printer.

Clear the IP address of the printer by turning the printer on and imediately press and hold down the top two buttons on the printer for about 10 seconds.

Release buttons.

Verify hardware reset by printing a config report (press and hold X button) for about 5 seconds.

Config report should show IP address is now clear (0.0.0.0...).

Install the printer wirelessly on the win XP PC as per the HP installation instructions.

Check the IP address of the printer. 

It will possibly be something like 192.168.1.XX or even 192.168.1.XX_X

If installation has worked properly you should be able to get directly into the printer's setup by typing the IP address into your web browser's URL.

Ignore IP addresses ending in _X, or even delete these printer ports from within the printer properties, and just check (tick) the printer port address for the printer that doesn't end in _X.

Go to the network tab for the printer and set the address manually (so the printer keeps this address).

You will now be able to install this printer on the win7 64 bit home premium PC.

Additional comments:

The problem of not being able to correctly wirelessly install the p1102w in a win7 64 bit environment was reproducible for me across three different p1102w printers in three totally separate network environments, and I have spent 6 hours on the phone with HP tech support over this issue.  There is no doubt there is a problem trying to install this printer with win7 64 bit home premium.  HP have replaced printers saying the wireless radio appeared to be the cause of the problem.  A printer that I have a return authorisation on has been successfully fixed using the above solution.

For some reason win7 64 bit systems assign weird IP addresses to the printer on installation rendering them rooted from the perspective of ever being able to use them on your network.  The only way seems to be to manually fix an IP address to the printer via a successful wireless win XP installation.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.