Question

Student
ahadi22
Message 1 of 8 (12,088 Views)

HP Laserjet p1102w Wireless Problem

hi 

I have HP Laserjet p1102w . All Drivers and updates are installed correct and diagnostic utilities can not help.

the problem is , If First I turn on the PRINTER and then the wireless MODEM ( router ) , It works perfect and it pronts wireless , BUT if first I turn on the wireless MODEM ( for ex. it is on from yesterday ) and THEN I turn on the PRINTER , It can not print and wireless printing does not work , at this time the wireless lamp on printer is on ( not blinking ) and if i press the wireless botom on printer , it flashes and can not find the network.

I upgrade the firmware and installed all the updates , ... changed windows and ... but the problem did not solve!

can u please help me how i can solve this problem.when i want to print from web , I have to turn of the modem and then turn on the printer and after that turn the modem on again , which in many situation the router is not acceceble !

many thanks in advanced.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 8 (12,057 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet p1102w Wireless Problem

This article should help to maintain wireless connection:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N101

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
woody1948
Message 3 of 8 (11,396 Views)

i changed my wirelss router and now my printer will not recognize it.  What di I do to pair the two again.  My computer had no problem seeing the new router. 

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 8 (11,164 Views)

Hi there woody1948,

Could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What operating system?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
Tsara
Message 5 of 8 (10,352 Views)

My printer was connected wirelessly to two computers.  One computer lost wireless connection and I had to hook it up with a USB. it is working fine on the USB. But then after a few days my other wireless computer lost connectivity with the printer and is not printing. Printer light remains solid blue . Reset modem , restarted computer, restarted printer. Nothing . help.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 6 of 8 (10,129 Views)

tsara,

I need some more information to be able to assist:

• What operating systems are being used on each of these PCs?
  • Is this for the laserjet p1102w or a different printer? If different then please provide the model and model number.
  • Are there any additional errors on the PCs?
Student
yvetteng
Message 7 of 8 (8,407 Views)

hi i am using a macbook air with 

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5system.

i followed the steps that hp has provided for setting it up for wireless but i got stuck at "configure html" part. 
this shows up:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:5050 Suggestions:

Student
LakeBound
Message 8 of 8 (530 Views)

URL provided in prior response does not work.  Post date 5/21

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N101

The following message came up when I pasted the above URL and pressed Post

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation