Question

Honor Student
Altima2013
Message 1 of 7 (448 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6500 Wireless Printer problems

Hi

I have had a H{P OfficeJet 6500 Wireless Printer for several yrs and have had no problems.

Until this weekend I had to reinstall several apps on my Lenovo Desktop PC - Windows 7

After the install the scanner function has an error.

Error states the HP imaging device was not found. - I followed the instructions turning off printer

waiting 60 seconds turning it back on - same error - then unistalled and reinstalled the software. Still the same

problem. Found some tips online basically installed the HP printer and Scan Doctor - which tells me a required software

component was not installed or installed incorrectly. Tried again uninstalling and reinstalling still have the same problem.

I know the scanner hardware is ok - was able to connect via web and do a webscan.

Thanks

Top Student
mfree
Message 2 of 7 (440 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500 Wireless Printer problems

This is exactly the same problem I have been having.  HP Officejet 6500 worked well with all functions for several years, then just today I tried to scan something and kept getting "no scan options" message and HP desktop (Windows 7) wouldn't recognize 6500 on network (wired).  Can use print function but HP Solution Center won't open b/c "device installation is not complete" despite downloading full drivers and functionality software multiple times. Netgear router clearly working fine and laptop in other room can access printer through network but desktop with direct ethernet connection to the router cannot.  Can access website for printer and all network connections seem fine.  Went through printer/scanner doctor diagnostic and did the power down/disconnect routine several times.  This is most frustrating and inexplicable.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 3 of 7 (428 Views)

Hello Altima and mfree,

I seen your posts on the software on your Windows 7 computers giving you an error about scanning.

I would like to help both of you.

Altima, thank you for your detailed information, I recommend following this troubleshooting guide:

'The HP imaging device was not found on the network'

mfree, thank you as well for your detailed information, I recommend following this troubleshooting guide:

'No Scan Options' or 'Scan settings are not set'

If either of you need to reinstall the software and driver, I recommend the download:

Full Feature Software and Driver Download

Good luck to you both, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply!

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
mfree
Message 4 of 7 (417 Views)

Problem resolved.  Used the print/scan Dr. utility and then had to reinstall the drivers and full feature package.

Not sure why this didn't work previously but it worked this time.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 7 (404 Views)

Hi mfree,

I am very happy to hear this is resolved for you!

Feel free to visit the forums anytime!

Take care,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Altima2013
Message 6 of 7 (397 Views)

Hi

The files below don't exist on my computer. Could you have the incorrect ones since I am using 64 bit install of the HP

Software.

Follow these steps to access HP program files and ports needed for scanning that the firewall might be blocking.

Step one: Add programs to the firewall exception list

1. Open the firewall program.
  2. Add the following files to the Highly Trusted programs list:

4. hpqscnvw.exe , located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
  5. hpzipm12.exe , located under the C:\windows\system32 directory.
  6. hpzinw12.exe , located under the C:\windows\system32 directory.
  8. hpqthb08.exe , located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.

Thanks
    Altima
HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 7 of 7 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Altima,

I have researched this issue and I will post another document for you that is better suited for Windows 7.

'The HP imaging device was not found' Message Displays When Scanning in Windows'

Good luck!

Regards,

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation