Question

Top Student
tmwstmws
Message 1 of 12 (2,323 Views)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Will Not Print Wirelessly

Hi.  I have read other threads on this forum with suggested fixes from HP employees and tried them.  I have run the tool which found no errors.  My firewall is off.  I have installed the latest Adobe and uninstalled then reinstalled the printer software.  I have followed instructions in book re: turning off computer, router, printer, etc.  I can see the IP address for the printer in IE.

Still, this brand new printer will not print wirelessly or otherwise from my hp laptop.  VERY frustrating.  I have spent hours trying work arounds for a brand new computer.  I would greatly appreciate a response regarding how to resolve this problem.  Thank you.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 12 (2,299 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Will Not Print Wirelessly

Hi tmwstmws,

Will the printer make a photocopy? 

Are you getting any error messages when you try to send a print job from your computer?

Did you use a disk or a download from hp.com for the installation?

Can you run a wireless network test?  To do this, click on the right arrow on the printer, select Setup, select Network, and then select Print Wireless Network Test. 

1. Did everything pass on the test? 
  2. What is the signal strength? 
  3. What is the IP address for the printer (from the report)?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
tmwstmws
Message 3 of 12 (2,287 Views)

1.  The printer will make a photocopy and works fine with all other computers in the house (none of them HP).  The only computer that will not print wirelessly is my HP laptop.

2.  No.  I cannot even install the printer.  I get to the install screen (from the disk), click to set up wireless, then enter IP address, then get sent in a loop back to pick again whether to install wired or wireless.  The loop continues as long as I want to keep clicking, but nothing ever happens (printer will not install on this computer).

3.  We used a disk.

4.  a.  Yes, everything passed.  b.  Signal strength is strong.  c.  192.168.1.8

Just another note that printer also would not work with ethernet (with printer connected to router), although the hp laptop connects to the Internet in the same house just fine.

I would greatly appreciate some help because this printer just is not working at all wirelessly.  We really like it otherwise but will have to return if we can't get it to work.  

Thanks very much for your help.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 12 (2,268 Views)

What is the operating system for your computer?

Can you run a Printer Status Report?  To do this, click on the right arrow on the printer, select Setup, select Reports, and then select Printer Status Report.  Once the report prints, can you give me:

1. The Product #.
  2. The Firmware Version

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
tmwstmws
Message 5 of 12 (2,262 Views)

Hi.  Thank you for trying to help me.  My computer is running Windows 7, 64 bit.  One side note, which my husband thinks might be causing the problem, is that my windows will not update.  I've tried troubleshooting with online tech for a long time and couldn't get it to work.  But if this is a problem then I can take the computer somewhere for service and/or re-install windows.

Okay, so we printed the printer status report and here's the information:

Product number is CM750A

Firmware version is CLP1CN1304AR

Thank you!!

Tina

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 6 of 12 (2,246 Views)

I have seen cases where a troubled install went through flawlessly after the computer was reimaged.  That may be an option to consider. 

I did want to make sure that you had the most current firmware version and it looks like you do.

Before a reimage, you could uninstall Officejet Pro 8600 programs (if there are any) and download and install the drivers for your printer from hp.com.  Click here for the HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver.  By doing this, you would have the most up-to-date drivers.  Sometimes a download will work where a disk does not.  It you do decide to reimage, I highly recommend the above download for the installation.

Let me know what happens.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
tmwstmws
Message 7 of 12 (2,237 Views)

Hi.  I have tried both the disk and online versions of the drivers. 

I still have a question.  What do you mean by "re-imaged"?

Do you mean updating Windows?  Or re-installing Windows?  Or something else?

Thanks very much.  

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 8 of 12 (2,235 Views)

I should have explained that better, but I was referring to re-installing Windows. 

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
aarner
Message 9 of 12 (1,929 Views)

I have same problem, printed all tests, everything is excellent and strong...stillnot printing.

:smileysad:

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 10 of 12 (1,906 Views)

Hello aarner. I understand you are having issues printing from your computer. If you are having issues trying to print over a wireless connection, please reference this document for troubleshooting the issue: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Please respond with the results of your troubleshooting, after each step in the document. If the issue is not resolved, please also provide your computer model number, and operating system of the computer. If you need assistance locating the model number you can reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation