01-09-2013 10:01 AM
I have a HP Officejet 4500 G510 that I'd like to connect my fax to. Test passed, but can't send or receive fax. I have all the necessary wiring. Had a test fax sent to me, but printer/phone rings, but won't accept fax. Please help!
01-09-2013 10:02 AM
Is your auto answer turned on? You can turn auto answer on and change the number of rings to answer and this might resolve your problem.
I work for HP.
01-09-2013 04:48 PM
Are you using a Answering Machine or Voicemail on the same line as the fax?
If you are using an Answering Machine on the same line the rings to answer should be set to the same as the Answering Machine or 2 more rings than the Answering Machine.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
01-09-2013 06:35 PM
Thank you. I do have a vm from my phone provider. I had the rings set on different setting, so I will change that to the same number and see if that works. I will definitely give you Kudos if this problem is resolved. I am frustrated since I did follow the instructions provided by HP and I still cannot get this to work.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection