Question

Honor Student
gnc422
Message 1 of 4 (4,024 Views)

HP Officejet 4620 Won't Connect to Router

I am having an issue connecting my HP Officejet 4620 to my router.

It worked fine before I switched internet providers and added the router.

I am using a LINKSYS router WPA2 settings.

I tried rebooting everything, and setting my printer back to the defaults but it still doesn't connect. I went thru the network settings on the printer but the network names don't show up as I saw elsewhere that said they should. I only get the options to turn wireless on or off thru the menu.

I ran a report and it shows Fail on the Network Name (SSID) Found, but as I said I don't see any way to set it via the Menu on the printer console. It does show 5 wireless networks detected but I see no way to see what they are.

Honor Student
gnc422
Message 2 of 4 (3,998 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 Won't Connect to Router

Got it figured out. Had to hook up the USB cable between the printer and my computer and reinstall.
Student
Bunz
Message 3 of 4 (3,546 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 Won't Connect to Router,name SurfboardSBG6580

I went thru the process to connect but this router is not listed on the list and I can' t get to the area to enter the name in
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (3,515 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4620 Won't Connect to Router,name SurfboardSBG6580

[ Edited ]

Hi gnc422,

I can help you put the printer on your wireless network without software. I use this method for iPads, iPhones and other devices that do not have software. I think this method might be different from what you have been trying and might worth a try for your circumstances.

1. Restore the network defaults on the printer by pushing the wireless button, going to settings, and then restore defaults. The wireless button should then start flashing, this means it is now in auto wireless mode.
  2. Connect the computer to the network that the printer is broadcasting. It is usually HP-setup-(the printer name) and then part of the MAC address. The wireless light will still be flashing on the printer at this point, this is normal since this is not an actual adhoc connection.
  3. Load up the Embedded Web Server (EWS) in the browser on your mobile device or computer. The default IP for autowireless is 192.168.223.1.
  4. Go to the network tab along the top of the EWS.
  5. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard along the lefthand side to begin configuring the printer.

EWS wireless.jpg

You have now completed the Wireless configuration, can add the printer, and print.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation