Question

Student
billboyd
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One network connectivity

I am running a Mac and when I attempt to uninstall the software so that I can reinstall so that I can re set up my printer to connect through the network, it says that I can't open the uninstall application because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Before I tried this i printed the network configuration page and it came back with 0.0.0.0 for the URL and IP.

As an aside, I am connecting the printer to my system which is conencted to my network. 

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One network connectivity

Hello billboyd,
Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having an issue uninstalling your printer from your Mac computer, and setting it up wirelessly. I will do my best to help you with this.

To assist you better on this issue, could you please provide the OS X version that's running on your computer. OS X: Finding your OS version and build information.

In regards to the PowerPC message that you received, I was able to locate an Apple Forums post explaining that after Mac OS 10.7, it is no longer supported. Here is the link: PowerPC applications are no longer supported!!!, in case you wish to read about that.

I look forward to your reply, and working with you to resolve this. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation