HP Officejet 6310 - Wireless setup (20077 Views)
Student
redwings10
Message 1 of 29 (20,077 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 6310 - Wireless setup

I would like to set up a wireless system for  a system that will consist of a desktop computer and a labtop in different floors/rooms of the house, plus a HP Officejet 6310 All in One printer.  I know I need a wireless router for the desktop & laptop.  Does the Hp 631 contain a wireless connection?   If not, will I have to purchase a wireless printer server?  If yes, where does one get one, approximate cost and are they easy to install?
PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 29 (20,095 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6310 - Wireless setup

Do you have a wireless router? If yes, try connecting the printer to your wireless router using Ethernet/LAN cable. The printer itself doesn't have a wireless capability embedded with it but you can still hook it up on the network and the rest of your wireless computers can still print on it without necessarily using a wireless print server.
Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Student
haniwow
Message 3 of 29 (18,873 Views)

I have been struggling with my iMac and HP6310 and wireless. Connected the ethernet to printer and airport and am downloading something that I hope with help me install the features to make it work.  Any tips if that doesn't work, and more importantly do I need to download. Because with just the ethernet connection nothing worked. Said it couldn't find a printer. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 29 (18,861 Views)

What version of OS X?  Was the printer originally installed with a wireless connection and now is connected wired with Ethernet?

I am employed by HP
Student
c0cran1
Message 5 of 29 (15,581 Views)

I have a cicsco wrt160N router connected to my desktop, which has this HP Officejet 6310 printer connected via a USB port.  The printer does have an ethernet connection capability.  My ISP is AT&T, a 3 meg dsl connection.  The printer was originally installed not to share.  Please tell me how I can make this printer share with the desktop and 2 laptops, all via my wireless network.

Tnaks,

cocran1

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 29 (15,538 Views)

I would recommend NOT using USB to your router, but use Ethernet instead.  Then install the HP software for  your printer and the appropriate operating system from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page on EACH computer.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Tahoekc
Message 7 of 29 (13,410 Views)

I also want to connect my HP Officejet to my router, but my router only has ethernet connection and my printer does not have an ethernet connection to allow me to plug into router.  What is the best way around this problem?

Thanks

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 29 (13,407 Views)

If your OfficeJet is USB only, you cannot effectively attach it to a network, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
JLASR
Message 9 of 29 (10,243 Views)

My laptop says it can not find the printer.  What can I do to help it find the 6310 printer?

Top Student
JLASR
Message 10 of 29 (10,242 Views)

I have it connected by eithernet cord as your post said to do. Laptop still can't find my printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation