Question

Student
Pole555
Message 1 of 6 (1,146 Views)

HP Officejet 6500A not connecting to internet

I'm trying to connect my printer to the internet and the printer does not want to connect, keeps asking for proxy address and I typed everything in like it's suppose to and still nothing works. 

I installed every tool HP's Help Website recommended. I've done everything I've read about, I reset my IP, turned off the printer router, rebooted PC. Installed HP Network Diagnostic Utility (which helped a bit) but still nothing. Checked the cables too they are all brand new. I can't figure out the problem and the User Guide was no help at all...

The printer works when it comes to printing from USB but the only reason I bought this printer is to use the ePrint and since I can't register ePrint because my printer wont connect it seems like this purchase is a bust!! HELP!!! :smileysad:

Honor Student
moniquepenza
Message 2 of 6 (1,103 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500A not connecting to internet

Hi I have had the same thing happen to me today. I was on the phone to HP tech support for 2 and half hours and they couldnt even help, kept running me through trouble shoots after trouble shoots and still nothing! In the end they said that there "might be an issue with eprint centre itself" Not sure really because before she started the trouble shooting my printer was linked to my eprint account but items werent printing, in the end I am now unable to connect to the site with the printer! Im sorry cant help but if you come up with the answer please let me know! Thanks

Honor Student
moniquepenza
Message 3 of 6 (1,103 Views)

Hi. i had the same thing happen to me today, first I wasnt able to print from eprint and then once on the phone to hp tech support for 2 and a half hours i now can even connect to eprint at all! so please if you come up with the answer could you please post it cause I want to fix the issue too!!

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 4 of 6 (1,042 Views)

Hi Pole555,

Is your computer connected to the same network that you want your printer to connect to? If it is, check if the computer needs to connect to a proxy server for internet connection. If you have a Windows PC you can check for this via IE. In IE just click Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab and the Lan Settings. If there is a listed proxy server then use it for the printer.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
Inept_at_Tech
Message 5 of 6 (752 Views)

Hi - I did this - BUT, what if there is no proxy server there ???

Honor Student
Inept_at_Tech
Message 6 of 6 (752 Views)

This is the MOST layman USER UNFRIENDLY process I have tried, I am inclined to get a refund and a printer that prints via BLUETOOTH instead.. these things dont need to be this hard - people just want to print - that is it, no logins addresses, ports, nodes bull crap F*%$ This

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation