Question

Student
Fost325
Message 1 of 2 (288 Views)

HP Officejet 8500A Plus will not connect to router.

[ Edited ]

A couple month ago I had this printer up and running on my network fine. I use a Cradlepoint MBR1200B router with a Verizon wireless aircard. We took the printer out of the office while we were remodeling, we went to go back and hook it up after the remodel was complete. Now it will not connect back to our router. It's weird the printer will connect fine to my other verizon hotspot, but not the cradlepoint router with usb modem. We have an Officejet 6500 upstairs that is connected to the cradlepoint and is working great.

I have tried what seems like everything from resetting the network setttings on the printer to default and tweaking the security on the cradlepoint from WPA2 to WPA/WPA2. Still nothing.

Also when I choose to print a test report after getting the error on the printer it prints out a sheet that says.

"More that one access poiint/wireless rougter has been foun that mathes your wireless network name (SSID). IF this is not inteded, your HP printer may connect to the wrong wireless network. If you cahne your network name you will need to configure the SSID on all wireless devices to match you new newwork SSID."

The only wireless network we have in the house is the cradlepoint router???? We have the hotspot too, but that is not even turned on. Even so the SSID's for them are not even remoteley similar.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 8500A Plus will not connect to router.

Hello Fost325,

Take a look at this document, which provides wireless and network troubleshooting scenario's.  Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation