04-18-2012 08:26 PM
I have a new Officejet 8600 premium, installed on home wireless network. It installed perfectly on two other computers. During the driver/install on the last machine (Dell Dimension E521 running XP), I select the radio button to setup/install using wireless/ethernet, the software starts scanning the network and then crashes out - a Windows "error and must close" followed by send/don't send the error info to microsoft. After that its dead in the water. Sometimes it takes me back to the radio buttons, sometimes I have to force-close the window using task manager.
I've disabled the firewall, but same crash-out during the HP install network scan. Uninstall-reinstall the drivers CD, same result. Looked all over HP websites I could find - no solutions located.
Any and all help or suggestions appreciated. I don't understand the problem since the first two went perfectly!
04-19-2012 10:56 AM
Honestly, from the errors that you've mentioned, it sounds like a Windows issue. I would look for a Visual C++ update on the Windows website. I would also check for a Windows installer update.
You will also need to check www.adobe.com for a flashplayer update.
If these options don't resolve the issue, please call 1-800-474-6836 for more in-depth support.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series