Question

Student
kprice2002
Message 1 of 2 (345 Views)

HP Officejet 8600 Driver Installation Locks up - Crashes Out - install unsuccessful

I have a new Officejet 8600 premium, installed on home wireless network.  It installed perfectly on two other computers.  During the driver/install on the last machine (Dell Dimension E521 running XP), I select the radio button to setup/install using wireless/ethernet, the software starts scanning the network and then crashes out - a Windows "error and must close" followed by send/don't send the error info to microsoft.  After that its dead in the water.  Sometimes it takes me back to the radio buttons, sometimes I have to force-close the window using task manager.

I've disabled the firewall, but same crash-out during the HP install network scan.  Uninstall-reinstall the drivers CD, same result.  Looked all over HP websites I could find - no solutions located.

Any and all help or suggestions appreciated.  I don't understand the problem since the first two went perfectly!

Thanks much!

Grad Student
SandyBob
Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 8600 Driver Installation Locks up - Crashes Out - install unsuccessful

Honestly, from the errors that you've mentioned, it sounds like a Windows issue.  I would look for a Visual C++ update on the Windows website.  I would also check for a Windows installer update.

You will also need to check www.adobe.com for a flashplayer update.

If these options don't resolve the issue, please call 1-800-474-6836 for more in-depth support.

SandyBob

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
1-800-474-6836
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation