Question

Student
ECL1957
Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter

My printer connects on wireless and prints fine.  Then all of a sudden it just won't connect wirelessly.  The wireless light is steady.  It's happened several times and previously I was able to fix it by turning the printer on and off a bizillion times.  This time I uninstalled the software, reinstalled it and am using a USB cable because I needed to print NOW.  Is anyone else having this problem with the wireless connection staying connected?  Disconnections seem to be entirely random.  One page prints, the next one the printer 'can't be found'.  Aarrgghh!

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter

[ Edited ]

Hi ECL1957,

I would like to help you with your wireless troubles. How is your computer connected to the modem/router, is it wireless or connected via Ethernet cable? I ask because it could be a drop in connection between router and computer rather then printer and router. If the blue light on the printer remains solid I would imagine the printer is not loosing connection.

Let's perform a few tests and troubleshooting steps before I just to conclusions!

1. Print the wireless test page, press and hold the Resume button, and then press the
     Wireless button when the network is enabled. Please let me know the number of disconnects.
    8100 wireless test page.jpg
  2. Download and install the newest Firmware version; OJP8100_R1322C.exe
  3. Is the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or a surge protector? (It is best to connect directly to the wall)
  4. Click here to download and run the utility > HP Print and Scan DoctorThe HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity :
       USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.
      Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.
    • Device Status Test : Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
    • Driver Check : Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
    • Device Manager : Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
    • Device Online : Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
    • Print Queue : Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
    • Port Match : Checks the port settings for the HP product.
    • Device Conflicts : Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.

Please let me know the outcome of these efforts and we will go from there! :smileyhappy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation