11-08-2012 08:33 AM
Hi, I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 and I'm getting the following error 'Cable detected. Wireless will not work with an Ethernet cable connected to the printer. Remove the cable to continue' . There is no cable ethernet cable connected. Any suggestions? I was thinkng about trying a network reset but don't want to wipe out the wireless settings.
11-09-2012 11:12 AM
As long as there is nothing in the Ethernet port in the back of the printer, you really don't have any choice but to reset the network.
Do that, then re-run the Wireless Setup Wizard in the Network menu.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series