11-08-2012 08:33 AM
Hi, I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 and I'm getting the following error 'Cable detected. Wireless will not work with an Ethernet cable connected to the printer. Remove the cable to continue' . There is no cable ethernet cable connected. Any suggestions? I was thinkng about trying a network reset but don't want to wipe out the wireless settings.
11-09-2012 11:12 AM
As long as there is nothing in the Ethernet port in the back of the printer, you really don't have any choice but to reset the network.
Do that, then re-run the Wireless Setup Wizard in the Network menu.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection