Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got an Officejet Pro 8600 Premium.  The printer is connected to the network via a network cable.  When navigating through the EWS, sometimes the message "Network connection error.  Check network and try again." message is shown (the message could appear in various pages, such as Settings, Tools, etc.).  Refreshing the page should get rid of the message. 

At first, I suspected if it was a problem with the network. So I pinged the printer's ip address continuously.  It did not miss a single beat.  The printer prints and scans well via the network.  So I think the error may be caused by something inside of the print, such as bug of EWS software, or internal error. 

Anyone see the same message during the use?  Any suggestion?  Does it indicate there is hardware problem with the printer?  Thanks.

Snap1.jpg

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

I just set up my 8600 Premium and I'm experiencing the same thing.

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.  I did more tests.  The good news is it is not likely caused by hardware issue, or bad network connection .  EWS is perfectly fine on Firefox. 

HP support blames IE, which is typical.  But in my opinion, it is up to EWS to accommodate both popular browsers.  Obviously they handle certain stuff differently.  Fortunately, EWS still works on IE, just not as great as on Firefox.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on Firefox and Chrome.

I only have one system that can use IE so I hope they fix the issue for other browsers.

HP Recommended

I will update HP Support that the issue could exists on other browsers so that they don't have that excuse.

HP Recommended

I also see the same problem on Safari.

HP Recommended

I testing using a Windows 7 system with IE.  It's working better, but I got the same message once.

I also noticed that I was unable to change any settings in Settings->Administrator settings unless I used IE.

The EWS is definitely broken.  It should work with all the major browsers.

HP Recommended

HP Support has escalated the case.  I referred this thread in the support request.  Hopefully, they can have a look at the issue.

For me, the only setting does not stick is "Use the same time zone set on this computer" in Settings\Date & Time.  I've created another ticket for this issue.  8500A has the same problem.

You can try to restart the EWS.  Unplug the power cord while the printer is on.  Then wait 15 sec and reconnect the power cord.  Press the power button if the printer does not turn on by itself.

If you would like to reset to the printer and reconfigure from scratch, you can check here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/How-to-reset-Officejet-Pro-8600-Plus-P...

HP Recommended

I've power cycled the printer.  That hasn't cleared up the messages with the browsers, but after power cycling the messages appear more frequently in IE.

The power cycle did clear up the problem I had setting up the email server.

HP Recommended

Restart and reset are not meant to solve the network error message issue.

I had trouble enableing web scan.  And restarting ews solved it, similar to your case.  🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.