Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Officejet Pro 8620 and connected 2 computers thru wireless connection with the last driver.
In the first computer (windows 7) I can print without any trouble
On the second one (windows 8), When I try to print I can see in the windows printer spooler the file that I going to print. The file is sended to the printer, without any error, BUT nothing happen.
I already tried to reinstall drivers, restart the computer, the printer. I tried to connect a wired network. It still not working. It's very weird but I didn't receive any error, just doens't print. I was thinking that the printer doesn't work but on the second computer I can print.
Thank you for your advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm having the same issue. I have the HP 8620 Pro connected by cable to just one computer, the documents are sent to the spooler but nothing gets printed. Furthermore, I have tried disconnecting and connecting back the printer and cable but the problem persists. Only way to solve is by restarting the computer but after 2-3 hours the problem is back on. Also, the test page from the printer properties does not get printed but oddly I am able to print the diagnostics page from HP application. Nothing more gets printed (IE, Outlook, Excel, Acrobat, etc.).

I have ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor but it states nothing is wrong.

Your help is really needed as it is not feasible to be working and having to restart the computer every 2 hours.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello, 

May i know the Operating System on your PC ? ( Win XP / Vista / 7 / 8 ) ?

Try making a standalone COPY. Does it work ?

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The OS on my PC is Windows 8.1 and the HP Officejet Pro 8620 is connected by cable usb. When I send the document nothing gets printed. I tried to disinstall and reinstall the driver, restart the printer and the pc, but nothing! I also tried HP Print and Scan Doctor, it states nothing is wrong and the test page gets printed. But with all the other type of documents the printer doesn't work.

Please, help me!

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please try the below steps.

1. Uninstall the existing software.
  2. Restart the PC.
  3. Please download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard from www.hp.com/go/tools
Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Thank you, jabzi. I've done what you suggested, but it doesn't work.

When the software installation was completed, the test page gets printed. Then I tried to print one of my pdf documents, and te printer failed again. What do I have to do? I bought the Officejet Pro 8620 thinking it would be a great tool, but I'm beginning to regret about it.

HP Recommended

I too am having difficulties with this 8620 printer on a Windows 7 Professional x64 bit machine. The Print Doctor program checks out fine and prints with no problem. However, using the Print Test Page button in the Properties' General tab section immediately fails (shows a Test Page being sent to the printer for a split second) with a "Test page failed to print" message.

I've installed this printer on two other Windows 7 Pro x64 systems via Wired Network setup with no issues.

I've installed this printer using both USB and Wired Network separately. Same results.

I've tested the software disk and latest downloaded version from the HP website too.

What's weird is Excel 2013 documents prints out fine but Word documents don't.

Turning off spooling didn't work at all.

I happen to have a 8600 printer online and redirecting that software through the 8620's IP address works!

So definately some sort of software driver issue coupled with this machine which btw is a clone of a system that works fine except this one has a different motherboard/drivers (same MSI manufacturer). This is the only USB system though.

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a OJ8625 which is the COSTCO version of the 8620. It installed and worked perfectly on my hardwired networked Windows 7/64bit computer until two days ago. Then the printer stopped printing while everything else worked fine. I could log into its Embedded Web Server, scan to computer, etc., but, it would not print from the computer. Not a test page, not a document, not a picture. The file would go to the spooler and then error out. I was able to work around the hp print driver problem, see below, and wanted to share the solution for others that might be having this problem.

To provide some background into what I did. I ran Print and Scan Doctor (PSD), it showed that everything was fine and I could print a self test page from the computer, but not a test page that would spool. I've had similar problems in the past with other HP OJ printers, so as recommended by PSD, I uninstalled and reinstalled the network driver several times, but, to no avail. I was within the 3 month time frame to return the printer, but, wanted to make sure it wasn't something else. So, I talked to level 1 tech support, somewhere, in the world. After a while he gave up and suggested I return the printer. Which I did.

To make this long post shorter, I had the same results with a newer printer. So, it was definitely a driver issue. I went through everything again, plus changing network cables (out of frustration). I have no clue what happened in my computer, but, it's clear the hp print driver did not like it. After hours of trying things, with multiple installs and uninstalls, I got to a screen on the install program that allowed me to enter the IP manually... rather than letting the install program "discover" the printer. That discovery process has been a problem that I have seen with other hp print drivers, so, I entered the IP address my router assigned to it. That solved the problem. I set my router to always provide that IP address to the printer and now I will wait for the next 90 days to see if this fix is permanent. I hope this helps someone else and maybe... just maybe gets hp to fix the obvious print driver problem.

HP Recommended

Wow, a year since the original post and still no solution to this widespread problem?

I appreciate JohnNic's suggestion to manually configure the I.P. address; of course I tried this, exactly matching the IP reported on the HP8620 ethernet summary display.  NOT WORKING.  The scanner works fine, the HP diagnostic pages print fine, this printer does everything except print windows documents (which is the primary reason to own a printer).

Printing the windows test page is equally perplexing, windows shows the page is printed but the HP software eats the document and it never emerges from the printer.  This happens no matter how the printer is connected, by IP address, by USB, or by wireless.  This renders this printer totally useless.

I am going to give up after spending about four days deleting and reinstalling every variant of HP software available.  I have good experience with Canon printers so that is my next move.  I'm putting this one on Craig's List and will post warnings at place of purchase as HP does not seem to support its own hardware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.