Question

Honor Student
platypusbill
Message 1 of 7 (1,214 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7580 Network Connection

I have the All-in-One HP printer connected to my MacBook Pro.  A few days ago it lost connection and I have been unable to print.  I have reloaded the software, checked all my connections, and removed and added the printer a few times but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions?

Teacher
GregCo
Message 2 of 7 (1,203 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro L7580 Network Connection

Tell us a bit more about your wiring - perhaps something has changed on your network...you're using the ethernet port?

It may be useful to know the version of OS X you're running, too.

- Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 3 of 7 (1,199 Views)

You could try to reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
platypusbill
Message 4 of 7 (1,195 Views)

I am using an ethernet connection.  OS X v 10.3, the Starter CD from HP is v. 7.0...one problem may be that when I go to Printer Selector in my Utilities folder, the printer is no longer listed and this Officejet is not among the options to add.  However, when I try to Print a document, my printer is listed although the job immediately stops...

Honor Student
platypusbill
Message 5 of 7 (1,191 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion...I did try resetting already and then was unable to get my printer added back on because it is not listed as one of the printer options and since the network connection is not working, it cannot 'discover' my printer.  I'm not sure why, but under the HP printer options the Officejet Pro series are not an option...

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 7 (1,184 Views)

First, tell me about your network - router brand/model and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

Reboot your Mac, router and printer.  Do you see activity lights near the Ethernet port on the printer?

Now, reset the printing system again and try to add the printer.f

OS X 10.3 is way obsolete and not officially supported by HP or Apple.  Why not upgrade?

I am employed by HP
Teacher
GregCo
Message 7 of 7 (1,170 Views)

Would you mind checking the OS version again?  (MacBook Pro's started shipping with 10.4.7...)   Under the apple menu, About This Mac, the top thing shows the OS version  (my MacBook pro is running 10.5.8 for instance)  Thanks.

- Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation