Question

Honor Student
jilexjo
Message 1 of 3 (2,072 Views)

HP Officejet pro 8500 A910 won't print wirelessly

"An error has occurred. (devInfoPage-503)".

I've had my Officejet pro 8500 A910 for less than 6 months.  It was an easy set up and printed and scanned perfectly for at least 2 months.  I use a wireless connection from my laptop which is running Windows 7.  Then a few months ago I started having problems scanning wirelessly from the printer pad, it would tell me that there was no computer connected. If I went to my laptop and went into the HP Document Manager it would scan the document and save it to my laptop just fine.  And I could still print - the laptop had no problem finding the printer.

About a month ago I had a really big print job for work.  But I figured this was a sturdy printer and could handle it.  Towards the end though the printer would stop printing for no apparent reasoning with the keypad just showing the spooling circle and saying "printing".  The only way to get it to actually print was to unplug the computer, delete the print job and start again.

Then for a while I had to do that every time I wanted to print, even after the "big print job" was long over, and still no scanning from the printer (will scan from the laptop).

I've tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I've checked to make sure the printer is included in the "home network".

Today I reinstalled the software at the Control Panel on my laptop I get the green checkmark meaning the printer is set up and ready to go, but when I try to print a self  test page I get this message "An error has occurred. (devInfoPage-503)".  Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated.  Thank you so much for your time.

Honor Student
BillyReeves
Message 2 of 3 (1,917 Views)

Re: HP Officejet pro 8500 A910 won't print wirelessly

My Office jet has printed fine wirelessly for 6 months but started to not recognise the computer.  re starting worked for while but now it will not recognise the computer at all.  The computer says  Scanner communication cannot be established and the printer says it sees the computer.

Why did it work but now won't?

Thanks,

Billy

OHW Student
Student
OHW
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP m177fw

The printer had been printing from my IPad. Now when I try to print I get the message " an error occurred printing this document". We have checked all connections and reset the modem and router and printer. My IPad recognizesthe printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation