Question

Honor Student
ahahn15
Message 1 of 4 (501 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART 5510 WINDOWS 7

I first bought my printer a couple of months ago set it up no problem. All of a sudden it wouldnt print anymore I noticed the IP Address on my printer had changed so I went into my printers on my PC  and typed in the new IP Address under ports and it started working again perfectly fine. Now the same thing is happening where it won't print and the IP Address never changed. Ive tried everything and I dont know what to do I tried re installing it through the network and it said it couldnt find my printer. My printer says the wireless is connected and the signal strength is a 5 Ive never had so many problems with one printer. Someone please help

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 4 (487 Views)

Re: HP PHOTOSMART 5510 WINDOWS 7

This article should help to maintain wireless connection:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N101

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
ahahn15
Message 3 of 4 (483 Views)

I went through all of these steps and nothing helped. I have all of the latest updates my printer says im connected with full signal strength and under printers on my PC it says its connected but nothing prints and then shortly after i try to i go back into it and it will have a yield sign next to my printer and say printer error. I even printed out a wireless network test and everything is normal

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 4 (468 Views)

If there are other issues affecting the connectivity, this utility may point them out:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-96434-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation