Question

Student
Womble
Message 1 of 1 (1,915 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6000 Wireless problems.

I put my laptop onto standby a few nights back while it was not in use, when i then went to start it back up it was already going and the wireless icon in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop had disapeared, along with the text "WLAN: On" that appears in the wireless assistant, i then tried opening the wireless short cut on the desktop but there was no responce, after a while i backed up my files and tried a system recovery, this all went well and it sorted some other problems such as media centre not working. However now on start up i get the message: "wlan111t.exe - Unable To Locate Component" "This application has failed to start because DNIN50.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I have tried downloading new drivers for WLAN off the HP website, i'm not sure if they installed correctly as there was never a "finish" button after, not sure if there is meant to be one or not...

I have also tried downloading the upgrade of wireless assistant off the HP website, this installed sucsessfully but did not resolve the problem...

I am beggining to wonder if it is the hardware its self that's gone wrong but not sure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation