Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F2430
Microsoft Windows Vista

Every time I get different error numbers when I try to download HPPC.  It is frustrating to say the least, I've tried different links and it still doesn't let me, It put the icon on my laptop and when I clicked on it, it went thru the whole process and then came up with error DC18,  last time it came up with another error code...what the heck.....I have no clue....not that I'm a dummy on the computer, I have tried everything I can think of.....why does it keep saying "check your network connection"?

I am connected to a wireless connection....

HELP!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okayyyyyy, I figured out in my settings, whoever had this laptop before me, had just Firefox enabled, not IE.  Sooo, it wasn't letting me open IE, I have been trying to fix this problem for days.  As you can see, I don't give up easily, I now have IE on my laptop and am planning on re, re, re, downloading HPPC, cross my fingers and toes.....thanks for the help!  It was on "my" settings......

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Wranglermom.

Another thing to check is whether your computer's clock is set correctly. Also, try restarting your computer after the installation.

I've pasted instructions below. Our support team is always happy to help. You can reach them at www.hp.com/go/supportform

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

Uninstalling and reinstalling HP Photo Creations (Windows):

1. Check Your Internet Connection

• If you’re accessing the Internet from a business or office network, please be sure that the network or firewall allows access to the HP Photo Creations software.
  • Check your computer’s clock to be sure the date and time are set correctly.

2. Uninstall and Reinstall HP Photo Creations

Step 1: Uninstall HP Photo Creations

1. Click on Start
  2. Click on Control Panel
  3. Click on Add or remove programs
  4. From the program list, select and remove HP Photo Creations

Step 2: Download and reinstall HP Photo Creations

1. Go to https://shop2.rocketlifeproduction.com/hpfe6fd34b208847e8f8254b9be96e8c4c/catalog.html?gta=download
  2. Click the Download button. Depending on your browser, you can choose to run or save the program. Choose Run if available. (If you chose Save instead, double-click the downloaded file.)
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall HP Photo Creations.
  4. Restart your computer.

Step 3: Open HP Photo Creations 

Open HP Photo Creations by double-clicking the desktop shortcut, and confirm that it is working.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thank you for using HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

It says I need IE8 or newer to run this....I use Firefox...?????

HP Recommended

Yes, you don't have to use IE as your web browser, just have it on your system. It provides some system-wide features that other programs use. 

HP Recommended

Okayyyyyy, I figured out in my settings, whoever had this laptop before me, had just Firefox enabled, not IE.  Sooo, it wasn't letting me open IE, I have been trying to fix this problem for days.  As you can see, I don't give up easily, I now have IE on my laptop and am planning on re, re, re, downloading HPPC, cross my fingers and toes.....thanks for the help!  It was on "my" settings......

HP Recommended

Hi Wranglermom.

Thanks for your perseverance! Our support team is always happy to help as well. They're at www.hp.com/go/supportform.

If needed, they can set up a remote session so you can share your screen and they can walk you through the fix.

RocketLife

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.