HP Photosmart 309a - the fix for not printing black, resulted in wireless radio not functioning. (348 Views)
Honor Student
Clance
Message 1 of 1 (348 Views)

HP Photosmart 309a - the fix for not printing black, resulted in wireless radio not functioning.

My HP Photosmart 309a printer was not printing black, trying various ideas from this forum, I used the #6 reset (after replacing cartridges etc etc). This was successful and the black printed out on a test page, but then I couldn't reconnect wirelessly to the PC.

The Wireless Network Test Report says the Wireless is on, but that the Wireless radio is not functioning. (It seems that the #6 did something to the Wireless on the printer.)

The #6 reset turned the wireless radio off. After I turned it on again its search still did not find any wireless routers.

I have tried various printer resets, #3, #6 to no avail. Would appreciate any further ideas.

This is my second HP printer. I got rid of my last one recently, when I couldn't get it to print black, even though it was stilll quite new. This one is certainly not a year old, but because we are selling our house and have put almost everything in storage I don't have access to the receipts, so cannot get the printer replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation