Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Says I have a paper jam (but I don't) and now the printer is offline?

HP Recommended

On the front of the printer Settings > Restore Factory Defaults.  This may not be the exact location of this command, but you get the idea...

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
Just want to say THANK YOU for this site!! I love my Hp printer, daughter got a new laptop & we couldn't figure out how to get it OFF OF "OFF LINE" so it would print. I am an OLD SKOOL programmer, (1980's early 90's) & didn't even think of RESTARTING THE ROUTER!
Thank you For saving us a day of screaming & throwing things! (Jk) 😘❤️👍
DDS
HP Recommended

I see that most of this thread is rather old, but I'm having the same problem, which has cropped up from time to time, but more so in recent months than in the past.

The printer shows that it is connected to my network.

The PC shows that the printer is connected to my network with a DHCP.

I was going to reset that to a static address, but when I entered the printer's IP address, it could not be located.

Diagnostics said it could not locate the networks proxy settings. I did not have the browser set to use proxy settings. 

Should I dig out the installation software, delete this printer and start over? Or do I need a new (updated) driver?

One variable to throw out there: I am using Chrome as my default browser; had been using Firefox.

Thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.