06-30-2013 10:57 AM
My HP Photosmart 6525 e-all-in-one printer has just started giving me a "server connection error #403" when I try to scan a document to email. I have a wireless connection to the printer with my home computer. I have windows 8. Please help.
07-01-2013 12:25 PM
I see that you're having problems with your scan to email app. I have a couple of questions for you.
Is ePrint working?
Are you able to use any of the other apps on the front panel of the printer?
11-05-2013 12:58 PM
Hi, I have the same issue as stated above, except:
HP 6525 All-in-one Printer with Server Connection Error 403 ONLY when trying to scan to email.
ePrint and scan to computer both works.
Thanks in advance
11-06-2013 01:44 PM
Hi KittyYang1015. It might be resolved by removing web services and re-enabling. If you have customized your printers email address, you will lose this and probably have to select a new one. If this doesn't resolve the issue, it may be specific to the server status. You can call HP Cloud services for real time server status.
The section called "What if I lose my printer code before registering my printer?" will walk you through the steps to remove and re-enable web services.
Getting Started with ePrint
HP Cloud Services 1-855-785-2777
Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 11:00 pm Eastern
Saturdays 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Eastern
06-04-2014 05:18 PM
I was using scan to email on my wireless printer. It worked perectly until yesterday. I tried the suggetions below from the forum advise and it did not work. I keep getting "server connection error 403". Can you help. My email address is email@example.com
1. Obtain your printer's IP address
a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.
2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.
3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.
4. On the left select networking.
5. Select Network Address (IP)
6. Select Manual DNS Server
a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 22.214.171.124
b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 126.96.36.199
7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.
Let me know if this resolves the issue.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network