Question

Top Student
Tonosteel
Message 1 of 8 (1,439 Views)

HP Photosmart 7520 Will not connect to the internet

Ok, I read some of the posts out there and I have a couple of problems. The first issue is that step #1 of the repair process does not work. I should be able to enter the printers I.P. Address into the Address bar and acces the set-up information. This does not work. I even went in thru the Router and clicked on the printer where it is listed under "connect to this device" and it just brings up a blank "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Here is what I did notice.

1. The I.P. address given in the HP Network configuration page is different from the one on the router page.

2. The only number close to the I.P. number that the Router has, is listed under IPv4 and all of the first 3 sets are the same but the last 3 numbers listed are 254 where the Router config. page has them as jsut 24. These numbers appear under the section accross from Secondary D.N.S. Server.(in the HP Configuration)

3. on the HP Network configuration page there is a listing under the heading IPv6 that gives the primary and secondary D.N.S. numbers. These two listings are blank. Is this normal?

So my question--Is my printer sending information to the router?? It says there is an active connection type = wireless. It gives the URL as the same set of numbers that are listed for the I.P. but this I.P. Does not show up under the router configuration.

This all happened after an update software notice appeared on the printer interface. Ever since I push "ok to update" the thing has not connected to the internet.

Things I have tried:

Disconnect and Reconnect to the router

Reset the router

Shut down and restart (both router and printer)

Reset software to factory presets (on printer)

I dont know where to go from here. Any help would be great.

Thank you,

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 2 of 8 (1,424 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Will not connect to the internet

Hello-

Run the wireless setup wizard again from the printer.

After you do this, print the network configuration page.

Then click on start, all programs, hp, and then the 7520 folder.

Look for an "update ip address" option there and enter the new ip address.

I hope this helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
Top Student
Tonosteel
Message 3 of 8 (1,418 Views)

Re-ran wizard, Says it is connected. Ran HP "update I.P. Adress" it puts up an error box that says "Error unable to find your network printer".

Tried clicking on one of the boxes on the printer display that takes you to an internet site and it comes up with "Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again or enter a proxy address"

Should I try a proxy address? If so what numbers do i enter?

There are spaces for

address and port.

Thank you for the help,

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 4 of 8 (1,415 Views)

Hello-

If you running any firewall software, turn it off . Then try to update the ip address again.

If that doesn't work we will set a static ip on the printer.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
Donald
Top Student
Tonosteel
Message 5 of 8 (1,407 Views)

No firewall. Even re-attempted to connect thru the router. How do I set a static?

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 6 of 8 (1,397 Views)

Hello-

This link will show you how.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03381908&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5199463&tmp...

Thank You,
Donald
Top Student
Tonosteel
Message 7 of 8 (1,389 Views)

So I go thru this step by step. On step 7 it asks me to put the I.P. address number in the address bar and hit enter to access the internal modem of the printer. This still does not work. (see the original post)  It will not connect to the printer. Just says cannot connect. When I put the numbers in for the router = instant log in screen.

The Network configuration page says ready and wireless but where is says internet = NOT CONNECTED. Wireless network test results all pass and excellent but internet = NOT CONNECTED.

The blue light for wireless is SOLID BLUE, when I hit the wireless symbol at the top of the menu bar it says the I.P. Address(the number i put in the address bar)  Network Name, Mac address and Wireless direct. It still does not connect to the internet.

Ive reset my computer, The router, The printer

Ive run the troubleshooting wizards and they all get to the point of looking for the printer wirelessly then stop.

I ran the automated help tool.

Ive put the numbers in the address bar to no avail multiple times.

I try to connect to it thru the router - Cannot find it.

Everything shows that it is fine, but = NO INTERNET Connection.

When it gives me the Server connection error, it asks me to try again or enter a proxy address. Do I enter it here?? When I click enter it comes up with 2 boxes. one says ADDRESS the other says PORT. Can I put the numbers in there??? IF so what number do I use??? The IP??

PhD Student
Kicktires
Message 8 of 8 (1,379 Views)

Hello-

Maybe you need to restore network settings on the printer. CLick on the wrench icon on the printer. Then touch wireless. scroll down to restore network settings.

After that, Run the wireless wizard again.

You will need to uninstall the printer again from your PC before trying to re install it.

Thank You,
Donald
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation