Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, please send me the solution. Thanks!

Ron

HP Recommended

Hi takingaction,

Please check your forum inbox. 

HP Recommended

I am seeing this same issue today.  Since the solution seems to be some sort of "super secret squirrel" type of answer, please send it to my forum inbox.  The location of which is something that I'm going to have to go figure out now.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi rthompsonpuy,

HP Recommended

Thank you Gary.  That did in fact resolve the problem.

What I'm going to say now may or may not end up solving other people's problems without having to perform such a drastic solution, but just in case it does I'm going to let people know what I found out after I followed the procedure.

I went into my printer after fixing it, and set it back to its original hard-coded IP address.  It immediately quick working, but came back once I set it back to a DHCP address.  In look further into my router, I discovered two things.  First, the DHCP range for my new (an RVS4000/about two months old) router overlaps my old static IP address range, and the assigned DHCP range screen also shows the built-in switch's ARP table, which is something I've never seen in a home router before.

I keep my HP7520 turned off much of the time (1-because my grandaughter has a habit of finding things to print off the internet and 2-because I get tired of seeing "scan to computer not active" messages all the time) so the printer's static address was assigned by DHCP to another device that has since left the network.  The address is released, but the switch has retained the ARP entry, so traffic to the printer was being sent out the wrong switch port.

I suspect THAT'S why my printer wouldn't connect.  Had I reset the router, the problem would probably have gone away, and that's the lesson I am hoping to pass on to others seeing this same issue.  It's quite possible that the printer is not the actual problem here, and the act of resetting your IP address, which is a byproduct of the process being sent out, is what actually solved your problem.

So try resetting your router first, especially if you've done any kind of network additions or changes since the last time that you noticed your printer working.  And I mean ANY changes, even someone bringing a new smart phone into your house and using your wireless keys.

Now - I'm going to mention once again the two things that I list above as to why I leave this printer turned off.

HP - A six year old child should not be able to walk up to my printer and download content, using up all of my ink in the process.  Please figure out how to put some kind of child lock on the feature.  Thank you.

HP-My wireless network printer should not drop off the network at random intervals, even if it is due to a power saver feature.  Note-disabling the power saver does not keep this from happening.  There is a very long forun piece about this problem, and no-one seems to be doing anything about it.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

rthompsonpuy,

Great glad it worked!

Thanks for posting that information other users might find it useful.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  Please send solution to my forum inbox as well.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi kelly_jpmm,

HP Recommended
I seem to have the same issue -- can you send me the solution
HP Recommended

Hi Lross2943,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.