03-12-2013 02:11 PM
I have used the HP doctor to reconnect to network and it works. The next time I log in to my computer, there is no communication between printer and network. How do I stay connected all the time?
03-14-2013 04:18 PM
I would advise telling the printer to Restore Network Defaults under the wireless menu of the printer, then reconnect to make sure the router is able to keep up with the location of the printer. After doing so, then I would write down the IP address for the printer. Type this IP into the address bar of your preferred browser and hit Enter to access the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the Photosmart 7520. Then select the Network tab for changing network settings. Select Networking on the left to open more options, then select Network Address (IP). Change the selection from Automatic to Manual.
- Type the IP address that the printer is currently connected to for the IP
- Type the Domain and Subnet mask of your network. This information can be obtained from the Network Configuration Report which can be printed from the Wireless menu of the printer.
- Set the DNS servers to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
This is setting a static IP address for the printer and should help with issues where the printer does not maintain a network connection.
For more information about troubleshooting this issue click here. Let me know if this is able to help with your connection issue.
I am not an HP employee.
09-24-2013 07:56 PM
I have been having the same problem. Went through support, replaced printer. Tried the static IP and still have the same problem. I have multiple wireless devices on the network that all work fine, just the printer seems to have an issue.
09-25-2013 12:05 PM
Can you check your message box? I have sent you a private message. If you're not sure on how to check this please follow this link: http://goo.gl/JC6yBX
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection