Question

Student
ruairi83
Message 1 of 2 (5,949 Views)

HP Photosmart B109n-z Wireless Problem

Hi,

I have a brand new HP Photosmart B109n-z  printer. The laptop i have is a advent 7095 with a ZD wireless dongle. I have internet through AOL Wireless box.

I have set up the printer and with USB cable, the printer works perfect.

But when i try to print via wireless the printer will not print. It says printer offline. I've made online but this does not make a difference.

I've ran HP configuration page and it says Status disconnected, it shows my routers BSSID but will not print.

If anyone can help me with this that would be great.

Regards

Ruairi

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (5,940 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B109n-z Wireless Problem

Your AOL box is basically a DSL modem/router.  They can take special care installing:

Sometimes DSL providers have more control over the router than the printer likes.

- Unplug the telephone line from the router
- Turn the power off on the router, wait 30 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- Go through the normal process of connecting the printer to the router.
- Now find the IP address of the printer (it should be on the self-test printout), type it into a browser.
- On that screen you will find a Networking Tab, then on the left Wireless, then the IPv4 Tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address).  If you do not know the DHCP range, just enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank
- Finally, plug in the phone line, reboot the router and test.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation