Question

Student
CG21
Message 1 of 5 (797 Views)

HP Photosmart B110 vs BT HomeHub v3....

I hope someone can help me - reached the end of my tether! :smileysad:

I have tried to convert my printer from a USB connection to wireless today after moving house and being able to get broadband. I have followed the steps in the instruction manual but all I get is a blue screen which flashes for about 2secs with code B8126AD6. Did not have the opportunity to input wireless key - blue screen came up followed by instruction to switch printer off then on again. The printer is now refusing to switch itself off - pressing power button just reboots the machine, so I've had to pull the power cord from the back.

I have looked up the error code on Google but all the solutions seem to require a good deal of technical savvy, which I definitely don't have. What's more, I'm trying to sort this out whilst looking after a new baby -- stress levels are sky high! :smileysad:

I uninstalled the printer software but didn't realise that the printer wouldn't revert to its 'as new' state. I'm so fed up, I dug out the receipt for the printer so I could take it back...but as I purchased in Nov2010, I can't even return it for one that will work. 

Read up on Google that the HomeHub and this printer are incompatible, but as stated above, can't return it so need to find a way to make the *bleep* thing work.

I'd be grateful to anyone that could help in a VERY simple to understand way.... think of explaining a fix to a small child!

Thanks in anticipation.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (781 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B110 vs BT HomeHub v3....

Is the printer updated?

Let's try this from the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults.  Now, try to install the printer again, but this time, reboot the BT Homehub immediately before starting the installation.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
tauriq786
Message 3 of 5 (689 Views)

Hi,

The b110 printer and the BT home hub are both runnning WPA2 encryption thats why you getting the blue flashing screen.

HP is working on a Firmware upgrade for it in connection with BT.

I have worked at HP helpdesk and it was a common issue.

What i suggest for now is that you set it up with an Adhoc connectio as you dont Mention your OS I dont know how to guide you.

All I could say is turn oon the Wireless on the Printer and connect your PC directly to the printer or alternately get a USB cable.

Firmware upgrade will be taking a While:smileymad:

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (685 Views)

Oh, then why not just switch to WPA until the firmware is released?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
tauriq786
Message 5 of 5 (672 Views)

Well you can Only change it on the Router, which you cant do on a BT home Hub, and on the Printer it only runs WPA.

Check an Adhoc Wireless connection- It proves that the issue lies by the Router and Not the printer.

Setup the Printer with any other Router EG Netgear or Cisco and it works Perfect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation