Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi-

My printer (HP Photosmart 309a) was accidentally unplugged and it no longer connects to my network.  It had previously been working fine (for over a year) wirelessly, but not it says disconnected.  When I try to use the Wireless Network Wizard, the screen says "Now scanning for wireless routers..." but never gets past this stage.  I tried restoring to system default, and running the wizard again, but there was no change.

Can anyone help get my printer back to connecting wirelessly?

Thanks!

Brett

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

I was able to fix this!  Thanks to anyone who had been looking into it.

HP Recommended

What did you do to fix? I have same problem.

HP Recommended

You can try to turn the wireless off and back on or the printer off and back on.  Let me know if those worked, I have more ideas if not.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

What did you do to fix it?

HP Recommended

That did not work.

I also tried to manually reset ti IP as well as reset the factory defaults.  Still has the same problem

HP Recommended

From the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Wireless Network Test.  What does it say?  Does it fail any of the self-tests?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Test report shows Wireless on = Pass; Wireless Working = FAIL.  Message at top says "The Wireless radiio is not functioning.  Contact HP support.***

HP Recommended

Sorry, but your printer's wireless radio has died.  Is it still in warranty?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

wireless working      FAIL

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.