Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have my printer set up wireless for a year and suddenly it stopped working.  The printer says the network connection is good with no errors.  But the PC does not see it and says it is offline.  I rebooted the printer.  Rebooted the pc.  Connected the printer by cable and it works fine.  Reset up the wireless.  When I disconnect the cable from the printer, again the pc does not find it.  I've searched all over and don't find how to fix this. 

My pc is running windows 7. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally ended up resolving the issue by deleting the printer from the computer and uninstalling all related software and reinstalling it from scratch.  This seems to have resolved the issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @cpouliot,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're having issues printing wirelessly to your HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410a from your Windows 7 computer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Step 1: Check Connectivity:

1. Touch the Setup (wrench) button on the front panel of your printer.
  2. Use the right arrow button to arrow over to Network and select OK
  3. Under Network select OK under View Network Settings
  4. Right arrow to Display Wireless Summary and select OK
  5. Write down what your IP Address is.

If the IP shows as 0.0.0.0 or  'no link' than your printer is no longer connected to your network. If your printer is no longer connected please follow these steps:

1. Touch the Setup (wrench) button on the front panel of your printer.
  2. Use the right arrow button to arrow over to Network and select OK
  3. Right arrow over to Wireless Setup Wizard and select OK
  4. Right arrow or Down arrow (whatever your option is) to highlight your Network Name (SSID) and press OK
  5. Next, Down arrow to highlight Infrastructure and press OK
  6. Down arrow to highlight WEP or WPA encryption (wireless password security type) and press OK
  7. If prompted enter the WPA or WEP wireless password. Keep in mind that this password is case sensitive. Use the arrow buttons on the printer control panel to highlight a letter or number on the on-screen keyboard, and press OK to select it.
  8. When you finish entering the password, use the arrow buttons to highlight Done and press OK.

Take note of what your IP Address is.

Step 2: Open EWS Browser:

Now that you have an IP Address I would like you to follow the steps below to ensure that your computer and printer are connected to the same network.

1. Open the Internet Browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc)
  2. In the Website Address Bar type in your IP Address. Do not include www.
  3. Once the IP Address is showing in the address bar, hit enter on your keyboard

At this point you should be brought to the printers EWS Browser (embedded web server). This should be a website for your printer.

• If this page shows than your printer and your computer are 100% on the same network and communicating. If your printer still fails to print than follow the steps below. 
  1. Click on your Start menu
  2. Select All Programs
  3. Select the HP folder
  4. Select your Photosmart
  5. Select Add a Printer

Run through the step-by-step instructions to reinstall your printer. Once reinstalled please try to print wirelessly.

• If this page doesn't show than check on your computer to ensure that it is connected to the same network that you have your printer connected to. If the printer and computer are connected to the same network but still not communicating additional troubleshooting will be needed.

Please respond to this post with the result of gathering the printer IP Address and whether or not the printers EWS Browser website opens successfully. Should you still be experiencing issues than additional troubleshooting will be needed. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I finally ended up resolving the issue by deleting the printer from the computer and uninstalling all related software and reinstalling it from scratch.  This seems to have resolved the issue. 

HP Recommended

Ok, so my computer again no longer finds the printer.  I deleted the printer, all software and reinstalled everything.  I removed and reconfigured the wireless on the printer as well.  Nothing works. 

Both computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network.  When I type in the ip address the ews page does not display. 

At a loss! 

HP Recommended

Hey there @cpouliot,

Welcome back to the thread! 🙂

Because your Windows 7 computer is no longer communicating with your wirelessly connected HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One C410a Printer we'll need to complete some additional network troubleshooting steps. Thanks for attempting to open the computers embedded web server and for telling me the result of this. Since the embedded web server for your printer fails to open when the IP Address is typed in the address bar of the intenret browser, we know with 100% certainty that your printer and computer are not communicating at all over the network. To resolve this communication issue can I please have you follow the steps below.

• Step 1: Powercycle Network:
  1. First, unplug the power cable to your Router
  2. Once your Router is unplugged, turn off your printer
  3. Next, shut down your computer
  4. After 30 seconds to 1 minute, plug your Router back in
  5. Next, turn on your printer
  6. Turn on the computer

After a few moments your internet connection will return. Please open up the internet browser on your computer and try browsing to a few websites to confirm that your wireless is functioning properly again. Once confirmed, gather the IP Address off your printer. Please type the IP Address in the internet browser address bar on the computer (don't include www.). 

• If a website for your printer now opens successfully: This proves that your printer and computer are communicating once again. There may have been an update on your router that temporarily blocked access to your printer. Now that the powercycle is complete and communication has been restored please test printing.

• If a website for your printer fails to open: This indicates that your printer and computer are still not communicating. Please proceed with the steps below.

• Step 2: Restore Network Defaults:
  1. Touch the Setup (wrench) button on your printer control panel
  2. Right arrow to Network and select OK
  3. Right arrow to Restore Network Defaults and select OK
  4. Hit Yes, Restore Network Factory Defaults

Once the Restore is complete, please proceed to the next step.

• Step 3: Reconfigure Wireless Connection:
  1. Touch the Setup (wrench) button on your printer control panel
  2. Right arrow to Network and select OK
  3. Right arrow to Wireless Setup Wizard and select OK (this may be located under the Advanced Setup sub-menu)
  4. Select your Network Name SSID
  5. Enter your Wireless password
  6. Once the connection has been established, please gather the IP Address off the printer and try to open the printers website on the computer.

• If a website now opens successfully: This proves that the printer and computer are communicating over the wireless network. Please test printing from the computer.

• If the website fails to open: This proves that the printer and computer are still not communicating over the wireless. Additional network troubleshooting will need to be completed to isolate and resolve this issue.

Please let me know if the steps provided resolve this network printing issue. Should the issue persist, be sure to let me know if you are able to successfully open the printers website. You may also click the 'thumbs up' icon below to say "thanks for helping!" I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.