HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-17-2012 08:48 PM
I just upgraded my Mac OS to Lion and my HP Photosmart C4580 doesn't connect anymore:
Error: Sorry, scanner could not be initialized (Scanner not found)
04-19-2012 04:35 PM
Let's uninstall with the 'scrubber option' like this:
1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller and click Continue
2. Highlight your device on the left pane
3. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
4. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
5. Click Continue and let it finish
Now, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates. Make sure your printer is plugged before checking for updates so the computer sees the printer.
Next, let's reset the printing system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Let me know how this works for you!
04-20-2012 02:22 PM
My MacPro now recognizes the Photosmart C4580, but the scanning software etc. is now removed from the computer. Is there an easy way to download it and reinstall?