Question

Student
reynoamy
Message 1 of 4 (7,119 Views)

HP Photosmart C4680 appears in my wireless networks connections?

of what i have found over the internet this printer is not capable of wireless printing, but it appears in my wifi connections as "hpsetup". Is this printer connected to my laptop? or can i set up wireless printing? i am confused

Tutor
InkJet
Message 2 of 4 (7,070 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4680 appears in my wireless networks connections?

HP Photosmart C4680 All-in-One Color Ink-jet does not support WiFi.  Your home WiFi network is probably picking up another printer from your neighborhood that has not been setup.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Grad Student
mchrist152
Message 3 of 4 (7,065 Views)

The HP Photosmart C4680 does support wireless printing - Wireless 802.11b/g.  You will have to configure it using the USB connection but that is only required during install/setup.  Once the printer is on the network you can disconnect the USB cable and you have a wireless printer.  I'm assuming you have a router and an infrastructure network setup.  If so, you should be fine.

Mike

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
I am an HP employee.
Grad Student
mchrist152
Message 4 of 4 (7,062 Views)

I typed in the wrong number, it appears that it does not support wireless after all.  But you say you are seeing hpsetup as a wireless network.  Does the hpsetup network go away when you unplug the printer?  If it does not, then it is coming from some neighbors printer.

Mike

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation