HP Photosmart C5580 Printer connect problems (470 Views)
Honor Student
ggroom
Message 1 of 6 (470 Views)

HP Photosmart C5580 Printer connect problems

Connected via USB001 Virtual Printer Port for USB. Wireless connection to HP Laptop computer.  Error message B807C65A appears along with 824C1800 and B8000198 and must turn printer on and off several times in order to connect.  I almost always must disconnect the power module before I can finally connect the printer.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 6 (450 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C5580 Printer connect problems

Are you receiving an error message on the front screen of the printer or on a computer?

This printer does not support wireless networks and it appears the printer is being shared over the network with

the other computer.  What operating system does the remote computer use? 

What operating system does the host computer use?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
ggroom
Message 3 of 6 (446 Views)

The error messages I am receiving are on the front screen of the printer.  The remote computer is using MS Windows 7 Professional while the host computer is using MS Windows XP.  I was unaware this printer does not support wireless networks.  What is the solution please?  I eventually can connect the printer but consistently receive the flashing lights to turn the printer off and on again which appears on the printer screen.  I would appreciate a work solution to this problem.  I create DVDs and print CD/DVD labels directly onto the DVD with this printer.  I also print personalized  Hallmark greeting cards.  I appreciate your assistance.  Thank you.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 6 (429 Views)

You already have a solution to the printer not supporting wireless networks and that is having it hosted on one computer and sharing it over the network.  My statement was more in reference to determining exactly how the printer was connected to the two computers.  It will work the way you have it connected as the printer has no way of knowing what happens with it beyond the USB port.

This document from HP has some steps that may resolve the errors you are receiving on the printer.  The last step, if all other steps do not work, is to have the product serviced.  If it is out of warranty, I recommend putting the money that would be spent on getting it repaired towards a new printer.  Most of the newer printers support wireless networks and will not require the printer to be shared from one computer to the next as it would be a stand alone device on the network.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
ggroom
Message 5 of 6 (426 Views)

Thank you so much for your expert assistance.  I really appreciate your support.  I really have enjoyed this printer.  It has really been great.  I had issues printing single-fold envelopes (5 3/4 X 8 3/4) using Hallmark Card Studio 2010, using this printer, but through your technical assistance, I am able to use the printer driver for the HP deskjet 990C and this has worked fine in the past.  I also really enjoy printing directly onto the DVDs I create with the printable DVDs.  The error messages are now beginning to appear everytime I turn on the printer so I suspect there is more trouble than I can fix myself.   I would prefer to replace this printer with a newer model that could be used as a stand alone network printer.  What is the model number you recommend?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)

Honestly, any newer printer will support wireless networking.

However, it really comes down to what you are looking for in a printer.

This buying guide from HP may be of assistance.

Photosmart printers are typically aimed for printing quality photos and Officejet printers are aimed at giving the lowest cost per page.  If you print a lot, an Officjet printer may be the better option.  If you do not print a lot, or want higher quality photos and graphics, then a photosmart printer would be the better design. 

The photosmart 7510, in the guide, is somewhere in between the standard home printer and an office printer.  It supports 125 sheets in the main tray and 25 sheets of photo paper in the photo tray.  It also uses a photo black cartridge which can help make photos and graphic prints look better over a printer that does not use the photo black.    

I am not saying you should get the Photosmart 7510 as much as I am giving a little more information about it since it is separated from the standard photosmart category in the buying guide. 

Of course, there are other printers available outside of that guide at www.hp.com.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation