Question

Honor Student
lissa23
Message 1 of 8 (8,019 Views)

HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one - Scanner problems

Hey!

Right now on my computer I am running Windows XP and have my Photosmart C6380 printer hooked up wirelessly directly to my computer. I have no problems printing pages and am succesfully connected to the printer. I want to scan a page and get the image onto my computer. First I tried to go into the menu on the printer and clicked "Scan To Computer" and I get the Scan Problem error and to try starting the scan from a computer. So I went into the Windows "Camera and Scanner Wizard". The only thing it detects is my Webcam and never has brought up the scanner. I looked in my computer under the scanner and camera heading and all that shows is my webcam, which is built into my computer. I am at loss at what to do now. I really would rather not uninstall and reinstall all my software and my printer, unless I have too. Any help is appreciated!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (8,016 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-one - Scanner problems

Have you tried it from the HP Solution Center (should be a shortcut on your desktop from the software installation)?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
lissa23
Message 3 of 8 (8,009 Views)

Yes, I did try that but it told me that I didn't have any HP products and that it was closing down.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 8 (8,001 Views)

Do you mean this message?  I have followed this troubleshooting tree in the past.  It is tedious but it works.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
lissa23
Message 5 of 8 (8,000 Views)

Yes! That is the message I get. When I get a chance, maybe tomorow, I will try doing what those instructions are going through and get back to you on what the result is. Thanks! Hope it works!
Honor Student
lissa23
Message 6 of 8 (7,964 Views)

Ok...so...i started follwing all the steps on the list and got to Solution 4, where I stopped. Right now I don't have my disks around to reinstall all the software. As of now my printer still won't scan to my computer, and doesn't show up in my scanner and camera sections of my computer. Any more advice? Or should I just wait until I have my disks to re install the software and printer? I really don't want to do anything that could cause more problems because I am at school and can't risk losing the ability to use my printer. Thanks for any help.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 8 (7,938 Views)

Download this and install it according to the document I pointed you to earlier.  It is probably more updated than your CD, anyway.

I am employed by HP
Student
zavill
Message 8 of 8 (6,898 Views)

Hello,

I"m rather new to this forum, but having long time problems with an AIO HP C6380.

I have downloaded the package indicated by you (some long time ago, as directed by the customer assistance).

You probably are aware that when starting the installation of the imaging device, that part of the soft is in French.

And that some of the files are missing, i. e. Status1036.cab and TrayApp1036.cab

I'm not sure how important those are, but I get a "Fatal Error" message after the indication that the files are missing, and then the installation simply stops.

Currently;

- I spent several months with emails to service

- I sent the printer to service, and just got a brand new one back

- I still have the problem with the scanner (can do webscan but nothing else with the scanner)

- I have unistalled and installed for some 40 times now (including level1 to 4 uninstall)

BUT I have a side-bar working ironically though, as the basic functionality is still not there.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation