Question

Student
movein
Message 1 of 2 (4,732 Views)

HP Photosmart D110 ip address changed

Ok.... I bought this printer on black Friday and have had no problems until today. The printer was off for a day and when I cut it on to print, I kept getting an error on my Windows XP computer that it had trouble communicating with printer. So I tried to print a picture from my EVO phone and got the same message. I did the wireless setup and it successfully connected to the router and printed a network configuration page. I sent an email to the printer and it printed fine. I noticed the ip address on the print configuration says 192.168.1.3. Before it was 192.168.1.2. I looked at my printer properties on the computer and it says the ip for the printer is 192.168.1.2. So I thought, well that must be the problem. I tried manually changing the ip to .3, but it still gives an error. I searched the forums here and one poster said to try to connect to .3 from a web page, so I tried that, but it wouldn't connect. What in the world am I doing wrong? This is so aggravating because I need to print a pdf. I emailed the pdf, but it prints landscape instead of portrait. I have restarted both printer and computer. I also have a windows 7 laptop and it doesn't work either. I am sure it is the ip address, but I cannot figure out how to legitimately change the ip address or access the printer wirelessly. I went into the HP Solution Center software on my pc, but there is nowhere to reconfigure the ip   Do I need to contact HP support? Maybe I need to uninstall the software and reload, but I surely hope that isn't the solution. 

Tutor
TomWadsworth
Message 2 of 2 (4,711 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 ip address changed

Try looking at this for a solution...this will outline how to connect to your printer and change the IP address...I think you need to set a manual IP address outside the range your router is using. This will stop all the issues with the IP address...worked for me 10 seconds ago, so hope it helps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/SOLUTION-to-your-HP-printer-going-offli...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation