Question

Honor Student
rallen617
Message 1 of 3 (2,293 Views)

HP Photosmart D110 not working with AirPrint from iPad II

After much time on the iPad II and with Apple support, the iPad fails to find this printer  with it's Airprint feature although this printer is listed everywhere as one which should be compatible and although it works fine with my MacBook Pro.  

Furthermore because there is no way to install the HP disc into the iPad II I had hopes of some kind of software download to overcome to the problem, but HP doesn't offer a download for the iPad II.  What to do.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (2,252 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 not working with AirPrint from iPad II

iOS printing is a driverless printing system, so adding a driver to the iPad really does not make sense.

Make sure that Web Services is enabled on the front of the printer: Setup > Preferences area.

Finally, restart your router by unplugging its power momentarily.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
rallen617
Message 3 of 3 (2,244 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 not working with AirPrint from iPad II

Turns out that the HP Photosmart D110 does not accept Airprint from the iPad 2.  Although a wireless printer it is obsolete for this application.  However if you have such a printer, their are inexpensive aps available which will allow you to print.  Just not quite as easily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation