01-10-2012 08:16 AM
After much time on the iPad II and with Apple support, the iPad fails to find this printer with it's Airprint feature although this printer is listed everywhere as one which should be compatible and although it works fine with my MacBook Pro.
Furthermore because there is no way to install the HP disc into the iPad II I had hopes of some kind of software download to overcome to the problem, but HP doesn't offer a download for the iPad II. What to do.
01-11-2012 10:47 AM
iOS printing is a driverless printing system, so adding a driver to the iPad really does not make sense.
Make sure that Web Services is enabled on the front of the printer: Setup > Preferences area.
Finally, restart your router by unplugging its power momentarily.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
01-11-2012 06:32 PM
Turns out that the HP Photosmart D110 does not accept Airprint from the iPad 2. Although a wireless printer it is obsolete for this application. However if you have such a printer, their are inexpensive aps available which will allow you to print. Just not quite as easily.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection