Student
SDB2012
Message 1 of 2 (3,391 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus B209 a-m

Product Name: HP Photosmart Plus B209 a-m

Product Number: CD035A

Operating System: WIndow 7 Home Premium

Here is my situation: 

I have recently moved in my first purchased home. In my previous apartment i had a highly expensive IT professional come out and setup my HP Photosmart Plus B209 a-m printer to my Verizon 4G Hotspot and it worked fine for the 2 years i was there.

Now that i have moved in the new house i have subscribed to high speed internet service with a provided called Wild Blue. I am now trying to set up my printer to work off of the new high speed internet network so that my husband and i both can print wirelessly to the same printer.

Also when i print my wireless network test report it states the following "Your HP printer cannot find your access point. Check that your access point is powered on. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your access point network name *SSID) exactly. If they do not match exactly, run wirelessly network setup to configure your HP printer "

** Yes my wireless router is on.

I do not want to spend any money on calling out an IT professional if it is something i can do myself.

If anyone could help that would be amazing and i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (3,363 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus B209 a-m

Your printer is looking for its old network.  You need to teach it about your new network.

Probably the cleanest thing to do is to get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  When you start the software choose "Wireless" as the installation type.  Make sure the USB cable is NOT connected when you start the software.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation