Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The HP Photosmart Plus series will not allow other computers to print their documents.  When I try to "install'

wireless connectivity on the printer, I get this messgae, be it via PIN or PUSH BUTTON: WSP timed out.  Please, what do I need to do or al I not doing?

Thank you.  Obelixfriend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @obelixfriend , welcome to the forums!

I read about how your attempt to connect to your wireless network is timing out on your Photosmart Plus printer.

I will try to help you!Smiley Happy

Please let me know which model of Photosmart Plus you have, and which Operating System you are running on the computer you are wanting to connect and install on.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank youSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @obelixfriend , welcome to the forums!

I read about how your attempt to connect to your wireless network is timing out on your Photosmart Plus printer.

I will try to help you!Smiley Happy

Please let me know which model of Photosmart Plus you have, and which Operating System you are running on the computer you are wanting to connect and install on.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank youSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dearr Kudos

Here is the information 🙂

Photosmart Plus B209a-m

running on Windows 7

thanks ever so much for your time and HELP as I / we (my sister whose printer isn't "doing it"!! ) are computer ignorqnt!  

Merci Beaucoup

Obelixfriend

HP Recommended

Hello again, thank you for responding to me with your printer and operating system info!

I would suggest trying the steps below to connect your Photosmart B209a model wireless to your network. I would suggest trying a USB to wireless setup. The guide will help you through the instructions.

Click the link, select Windows 7, follow the steps to download and install the printer.

Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart Plus (B209a, B209b, and B209c) A...

Good luckSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Dear Monsieur Kudos

I DID IT. Merci Beaucoup. The wireless now works. But... The black ink now doesn't print 😞 and my sis isn't happy with me. 😞

But merci for your help. Obelixfriend
HP Recommended

Hello @obelixfriend , thank you for responding!

I am happy to hear that the wireless is now working!

I am not so happy to hear that the black ink will not print now. However, I do suggest that you try these troubleshooting steps that might help! Smiley Happy

Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Photosmart Plus B209a, B...

I hope this helps resolve the issue! Also consider selecting the "Accept as Solution" button on one of these posts that have helped you!

Have a great MondaySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
merci beaucoup for your help! I think that all has been resolved. I have been traveling so haven't gotten back with my sister as yet, but think all is well... MERCI ! You have been a great help!
HP Recommended

Hello 🙂

You are very welcome, and thank you for letting me know the issue seems to be resolved. Wonderful news! 🙂

If you have a quick moment, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button on my last message here.

Greatly appreciated, have a wonderful holiday!

HappyHolidaysSeasonsGrettings.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.